I want to get a pedal kit from GeneralGuitarGadgets.com for xmas, cause they're much cheaper than the ones on BYOC. Whats an easy one to start with? Although i like the sound of a fuzz pedal and ive read that theyre easy to make, I dont think i wanna do a Fuzz Face, cause I've read that its tough to make them sound good.
I want a DS, OD, or fuzz pedal.
So whadda ya think?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
get the easy to make one, after you get fgood at building them, then maybe next year or sumthing by one of the harder to make pedals
^I don't know which one you're talking about.
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Right, but I don't wanna build a fuzz pedal and have it sound like crap. I don't have a lot of time for tinkering with different resistors and such, i just wanna build it and have it sound nice.
Help?
if you don't have the time to build your own pedal then why do it? I'm not trying to get on your case but whats the point of half assing your own project? If your going to do something then why not do it all the way? Anyway on to the question I've read around here that building an MXR Distortion plus type distortion box is the easiest DIY pedal. Why not try that?
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by BD 425
Right, but I don't wanna build a fuzz pedal and have it sound like crap. I don't have a lot of time for tinkering with different resistors and such, i just wanna build it and have it sound nice.

Don't bother, that's all there is to it.

If your not willing to put the time and effort in.

That's really all pedal building is. That and spending lots of time listening and tweaking.
I agree with not bothering, you can get a decent used pedal for just as cheap as the GGG kits. But what's with this stuff about the pedals souding bad? They get the fuzz face sound down pretty well. If you know what that sound is and know how to use it there shouldn't be antyhing bad or disapointing about the stock kit at all.
None of the GGG pedals are particularly difficult - there is a default route you can take for all of the builds, and you will get a nice sounding pedal. The options are there if you are chasing a particular tone, and if you can't be arsed to do that, then it's probably safe to assume that isn't what you want.
I did a fuzz face as a first build- it failed. As a second build I did a green ringer and that works great.

The distorion+ is the best first build according to ggg, although I don't think they do a kit, so you'd have to sort your own parts out. They do a pcb on most pedals though
Sorry, i didnt write what i meant.
I'll mess around to find the sound that i want, I just dont want to get really frustrated over it with ordering new parts and stuff.
I think i'm gonna build a LPB for my first one (probably the one from BYOC). It seems pretty easy, and it's something i've been wanting lately.