Hey UG crew,

Having been to quite a few concerts there's one thing in common I don't really love all that much about them and that's the stereo-typical metal guy with way messy long hair and way bad B.O. and every so often way harry shoulders, now don't get me wrong I don't HATE them or metal in general, after all I dragged my ass to another country to see Iron Maiden, but those kind of people don't really add to the experience.

Now when I went to see Paul Gilbert on the other hand, the number of "Metal Guys" went down to about 3 and the best thing about them is they actually showered before the concert ! There was also a couple in their 40's standing next to the barrier which was pretty different.

Next week I'm going to see The Scorpions and then after a pretty long wait I'm going to a Depeche mode show, what sort of crowd can I expect at those shows ?

Hope I was able to get my point across (just had a really nice meal and a glass of vine so I'm pretty "happy").

Cheers.
stereo-typical metal guy with way messy long hair and way bad B.O. and every so often way harry shoulders, now don't get me wrong I don't HATE them or metal in general, after all I dragged my ass to another country to see Iron Maiden, but those kind of people don't really add to the experience.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Stereo typical metal guys = long, greasy, dark haired guy with a black Iron Maiden T shirt on and cheap blue denim, also black vans/boots.
Plenty of them exist!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
they're everywhere
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
maybe they will change their ways if you ask them nicely.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by cheez1492
they're everywhere

Even at Depeche mode shows ? I was hopping to see more girls there for a change.
Quote by Shredder6

this.

also i miss that vid qouted in your sig

"do you love swedish pizzas?"

"buy my book, or you will die a virgin!"

:P: EPIC.
well, obviously you won't expect to see moshing metal heads at a celine dion concert. different crowds for different music.
I see no sign of fortress.
I went to a Citizen Cope show on Monday and it was pretty cool. There were all sorts of different people. The artsy folks who were in their 40s, scene kids (plus hot scene chicks), there were a few metal heads there, a lot of people into hip hop, some hipsters. It was kinda cool seeing people from all types of genres going to a show.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Phorgot
well, obviously you won't expect to see moshing metal heads at a celine dion concert. different crowds for different music.

Wait, you mean the reason I got beat up at that Barbara Streisand concert was because I was wearing a Cannibal Corpse T-shirt?? NO WAY!
Damn their harry shoulders.

Stereotypes will be at all concerts, it'll be a mixed bag though.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by MH_Worshipper
Wait, you mean the reason I got beat up at that Barbara Streisand concert was because I was wearing a Cannibal Corpse T-shirt?? NO WAY!

You got beat up at a Barbara Streisand concert? You are a pussy.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
why oh why dose the cheroberwober cry, we bet its fire with i a little bit of lie, cheese and crackers are looking in the dawn but the pedo teacher will never see the gortantulating portuges rocket tree.

btw, theres nothing wrong with metal heads aslong asa they get washed.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
?.....
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by Shredder6

you guys stop bitching at metal heads, at least its better than pink emos cutting down their veins imo.
I love the environment at metal shows. I've been to a couple Iron Maiden concerts, and I never fit in better in my life.

Edit: Maybe it's just where you live? In my experience, up here in Quebec all the metalheads are really cool people.
I don't see why metalheads are less likely to wash than people that listen to any other type of music..
Quote by Dizzy-D
Even at Depeche mode shows ? I was hopping to see more girls there for a change.

any chicks at Depeche Mode would probably be cougars!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I am a metalhead. I have long hair, I am wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt at this very minute and I just got out of the shower. I defy your stereotype!
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by Chrisiphone
Stereo typical metal guys = long, greasy, dark haired guy with a black Iron Maiden T shirt on and cheap blue denim, also black vans/boots.
Plenty of them exist!

Holy Sh!t.
Nearly perfectly describes me.
But I wash my brown hair everyday. And my jeans are dark blue/black.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO