I am looking for a nice bass fuzz pedal to ask for this holiday season and I've narrowed it down to two different choices. ($100.00 limit)

MXR M182 El Grande Bass Fuzz
I like the tone, I like MXR/Dunlop pedals. Might be a good choice. Costs a bit much.

Electro Harmonix Bass Big Muff PI
I like what I've heard quite a bit, and I've heard good things about it. Good price, too.

Help me pick one out, guys.
You tried either of them out?
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
i dont know much bout bass pedals but EH is known for making good fuzz pedals
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Rywad
You tried either of them out?

I've played the MXR for a tiny while.
I've heard such bad things about both of them saddly. Everyone says the new bass muff just doesn't cut it for muff stule fuzz nor does it really add that much low end to the typical muff design. And the online reviews for the MXR are pretty attrocious.

Hearsay means nothing though as I haven't tried them out. Why not head to Guitar Center where both of those pedals are very likely to be available for testing out? Go for an AB side by side comparison if you've already tried out the mxr.
Actually, the Bass Big Muff has one mode where the circuit is exactly the same as a Russian Big Muff (the black ones I think). People just expected it to be incredible, forgetting that Big Muff's don't actually sound that great. They are decent low end fuzz pedals for guitar, and now bass.

Try both, then see which you prefer. Both are well made, so it is entirely down to tonal preference.

The Bass Big Muff gets lots of support an TalkBass, but they always did love their Muffs (it is a solid pedal though), while the MXr seems to be more of a love it or hate it thing.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
this site has reviews + extensive samples of both. It's hard for me to decide which one I like more. I think they're both decent, but not great. Good for the price, I guess. I personally would go with the muff, mostly because $80 is a great price. That's what I love about EHX: decent pedals for (relatively) dirt cheap.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
I'm on the fence with this exact same thing!

I haven't been able to test either pedal myself because every guitar store I've been to hasn't had either pedal, which is quite lame for New York. I just like that the Muff has that Dry mix which is what has been putting it higher in my mind.
Ibanez SR505

EBS MultiComp
BOSS GEB-7

Ampeg SVT 4-Pro
Ampeg SVT 810E
There's a dude on youtube who basically does reviews of every bass fuzz... ever. Check his website, think it's www.bassfuzz.com.

I was deciding between the same 2, but then got a used Bootzilla wah for dirt cheap.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^ hey! I just posted a link to that!
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.