Is it just me, or does any1 else here get so angry while learning a new technique or song that they just wanted to toss their guitar out the window?
Not really. I get frustrated, but that just makes me keep doing it until i get it. On everything else, though, yeah, I'm with you.
Not really. I enjoy learning new techniques. It's part of what keeps the guitar fresh and fun.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
No. Your suppose to relax while your playing guitar. If it's too hard then slow down to a pace your comfortable at and slowly increase the speed
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Everything I wanted to say has been said.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
no doubt i do, i dont have a great temper though...thats when u step back stop playing regroup haha, especially things that seem like they should be easy such as more than a feelin solo, but then i go to play it and its awkward to me and took me a few days, and pissed me off
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I don't usually get frustrated. My problem is I'll try it hard for a little while, then I'll start goofing off.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
sweep picking..yes...anything else...no
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Take a deep breath, count to ten, drink some herbal tea... and lower your expectations on yourself. Learning new stuff is hard but worth it.

Besides, a guitar that has flown out the window will do you less good than one you step away from when you get overwhelmed and frustrated.
It's just you. Take up ultimate fighting or something if you feel that angry. It doesn't help your playing in the slightest.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Selendile030
Is it just me, or does any1 else here get so angry while learning a new technique or song that they just wanted to toss their guitar out the window?

Quote by Selendile030

No - you have issues....perhaps take up yoga, tai chi or pilates. Or drink less coffee.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Moose45
sweep picking..yes...anything else...no

+1 Pisses me off then I just give up and play something else
HI
yes that does happen with me quite a lot.

usually if i dont get something first go, i freak out and smash shit, then have to suck down a cigarette..

FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCkkkING SWEEP PICKING
My attitude has improved but yes in the past, I think if my life outside of guitar is less stressful then I can make more progress and just put the guitar down every now and then and try again in a little while if I'm frustrated.

I think when people say just keep trying over and over for 10 hours a day you have to bear in mind how annoying it will be when you do KEEP getting something wrong, and you have to overcome that. If you know how to do this let me know..............