Page 1 of 6
Im having a serious problem defining the term "manly". Different people say different things, but if the media is to be believed, then "manly" means a shaved, thin guy that wears tight pants.

Seriously, what counts as manly nowadays??

EDIT: also, there seems to be a discrepancy in what men and women see as manly. for instance:

this guy with bulging muscles, looking like he could kill you with one punch crosses the street. I go: "damn that guy's tough!" my female friend: "no, he looks rediculous and self centered."

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 29, 2008,
Ts.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Looking like you have down's syndrome with your pants down to your knees and a hoody that has sleeves twice as long as your arms, walking down the street like a penguin is pretty manly nowadays.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.

there you go!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Mustaches
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Well it's hard to define manly but if you think you're not, then you porbably aren't.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by walkinbazooka

all bow to Arnold and his mighty form
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by RocksAwakening5

This.

(I was gonna post that too )
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster
Im having a serious problem defining the term "manly". Different people say different things, but if the media is to be believed, then "manly" means a shaved, thin guy that wears tight pants.

"If the media is to be believed?"

It's not. Get out of here.
Quote by CoreysMonster

You are only considered manly once you've hunted and killed your weight in animal.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Blood and sweat.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
A gender role. A judgement that seeks to place people in roles so as to service society.

ie men are strong and prone to leadership, women are thusly weak and subservient

/feminist
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
The perfect example of manly is that Clint Eastwood picture where he is a cowboy smoking, and looking just plain all around like a badass.

Also:

Beards
Meat
Guns
Dirt
Innovation
Self reliance
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
**** off

^ thats manly

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Helping your friend wash his back in the shower after a sweaty wrestling match in your boxers. That's manly!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Fapping.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Kensai
This.

(I was gonna post that too )

same here. i guess great minds think alike.
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
doesnt matter about what you look like, or your body type or your clothes are anything like that. manly in my opinion is being able to get things done that need to be done.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by CoreysMonster
but if the media is to be believed, then "manly" means a shaved, thin guy that wears tight pants.

????

idk about you, but i would not consider that manly.

THIS is a man

Quote by meh!
A gender role. A judgement that seeks to place people in roles so as to service society.

ie men are strong and prone to leadership, women are thusly weak and subservient

/feminist

We've discussed this before, haven't we?
Quote by restless_thrash
manly (adj; mannleigh); 1:to have courage, honour, and a large shwonk in the face of your enemies. 2: Manowar. (see above).

beat me to it!
the state of being male...? Also...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3qncy5Qfk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbxq0IDqD04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxieMOdo6IU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru6p5NLXxvY

Drinking one of these fine products/taking part in activities mentioned.

(I know you've seen them before, don't tell me)
obscene amounts of body hair......
that you don't shave
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility