Page 1 of 2
really, it just usually ends up as the male being charged with rape when the girl realizes the next day what she did.
They shouldn't have got drunk in the first place. It is the alcohol's fault.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
It's legal here, or else I would've been in jail a million times over.

I don't really understand some things about it. I mean, you choose to get drunk right? Surely you have some idea of what you're like when you're drunk. And if you don't, you're an idiot.

No one should be taken advantage of, though.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'd have to say no.

If both consented while drunk, that would form an oral (lulz.) agreement. Crazy shit can happen when you're drunk, and people should know that before they drink.
If she let it happen, then no. I don't care if they were both out of their minds, at the time she wanted to do it, so it can't be casual sex, then all of the sudden, be considered as rape.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
i seen on tv once this happened. they were both drunk but she didn't remeber what happened the next morning. he swore she was awake the whole time and stuff but he got chargerd with rape. the was alot of other details but you get the idea. remeber its always the guys fault
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Quote by Kensai
It's legal here, or else I would've been in jail a million times over.

I don't really understand some things about it. I mean, you choose to get drunk right? Surely you have some idea of what you're like when you're drunk. And if you don't, you're an idiot.

kensai, youre such a pimp
The man will be charged with rape whether it is or not. Happens all the time.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
if she's not satisfied then she can call the police and say you raped her, so you better be good.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Record the agreement next time. Have your friend record it so its agreed its not rape and completely consensual.
Guitars Owned: Yamaha F335
basically, you need to call in your lawyers first and have her sign a contract to prove her consent (she may need a priest present too).
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Quote by el-ECTRO
They shouldn't have got drunk in the first place. It is the alcohol's fault.

I disagree. It's the fault of George Bush and global warming.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
I hate the fact that it's always the guys fault no matter what. Where I live, this shyt happens all the time. Like let's say the girl gives the guy a blow job. Well if things don't work out and they break up, she can charge him with rape if she wants to and he WILL lose the case. It happens all the time here like I said. And yes, I'm in school, so I ride a school bus
Quote by Acoustic_Drew
Suuuuuure...

Beat me to it. No stealing my wordses...but honestly, this is the best possible place to ask your questions TS...I say, no signs of a struggle, no case, but Kensai probably leaves signs everywhere, the pimp.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
if both partys have consented then it isnt rape.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Actually if your drunk and the girl takes advantage of you. Its still rape on your part.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
I'm moderately sure that it is legally rape on the guy's part.
Patrick Star of The Jelly fishing Club PM darkstar2644 to Join
Here, I believe, if you do not get explicit consent it is rape.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
technically yes
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
It's rape if the girl doesn't want to be seen as easy. If two drunk people fvck, the girl can say it was rape to save face and the law will agree with her.
Thank you, feminism, thank you so much.
Quote by kaosfire
really, it just usually ends up as the male being charged with rape when the girl realizes the next day what she did.

This.

Basically, it's not rape morally or logically but it might legally be rape in the ridiculous sexist court system.

Quote by AceOfBlades
It's rape if the girl doesn't want to be seen as easy. If two drunk people fvck, the girl can say it was rape to save face and the law will agree with her.

Chicks like that should be beaten, shaved, tattoo with the mark of liars and thrown into the nearest body of water.
Last edited by Trefellin at Oct 29, 2008,
Man, a question like this could only be asked in the pit.

P.S. If she says it's rape your screwed, because that is the rule of the earth.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
If I remember correctly back in my sex ed class, the teacher told us that if both are drunk, and one files a rape charge, you can file a counter suit or something.

But yeah, the guy is usually considered at fault.
Quote by AceOfBlades

Yeah, bloody feminists.

Who'd have thought that rape still has a ridiculously low conviction rate and what you're describing happens so rarely as to be laughable!

bloody feminists!
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Keef-is-king
And they both consented while drunk, but then upon sobering up one decides it is rape?

Can anyone help me find legal statute to support one way or the other? My sociology class is debating this issue because we are reading an article on collegiate rape culture...

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Well it really depends on if there's a significant difference in how drunk they are. If one of them was sober enough to still be taking advantage but drunk enough to go "Hey I was drunk..." (which is a pretty fine line) then it could be considered rape. But tbh, I don't think that's easy to distinguish the next day anyway, so there would be no real way to legally confirm it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
If you have no way to prove otherwise, legally yes, it is. In any case involving rape, the man usually gets screwed by the justice system. It's wrong.

Morally I say it's not rape. Both parties consented, you should've have thought about what might happen before you drank.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by meh!

Who'd have thought that rape still has a ridiculously low conviction rate and what you're describing happens so rarely as to be laughable!

The stats for the proportion of false rape allegations do range between 5-60%. There's really no way to tell how often false rape allegations occur.
It's just like all things,

Contracts are void if you're drunk when you sign them.
If you hit and kill someone whilst driving drunk you get a fine and some time for drink driving and grievous bodily harm rather than manslaughter.

My point is, if your drunk it usually voids most legal situations, all you need to do is prove you were both drunk...

So in context it's not rape, it's void consensual sex (if proven), which basically means if it ever sees a court and you can prove you were both shit-faced the case will be dismissed as nothing more than drunken shenanigans.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by meh!
Yeah, bloody feminists.

bloody feminists!

It still happens.
I would bet all my money(I'm poor so it wouldn't make much difference) that the opposite has actually never happened.
Well if he/she said yes at the time then it obviously means he/she was comfortable with it at said time, Alcohol or not. Just because he/she realizes, after theyve sobered up the next day, that it was a bad idea..they didnt mind when it was happening therefor I dont believe it is rape. Rape is forced and not enjoyed (lolz im so smart)..

Unless the guy (or girl) was like..strategically planning it all throughout the night..slowly pushing drinks on him or her

But you said both parties are drunk so I assume this scenario isnt an option.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
It is rape because you cannot make a decision while impaired by alcohol, drugs...
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by abcdboy
I disagree. It's the fault of George Bush and global warming.

Don't be ridiculous. It's all that heavy metal music that pervades our youth.

On-topic, drunken consent is still consent, IMO.
Quote by meh!
Here, I believe, if you do not get explicit consent it is rape.

I don't really know the finer details of Georgia rape laws, but I think this is how it ought to be.
Page 1 of 2