I need help on picking out a new amp.

Okay, so I'm upgrading from a Line 6 Spider 3 15 W.
I've been praying for this day to come, and I must have made someone upstairs happy, because the time is now.

My max budget is $600. I'm going to be using an Ibanez RG3EX1 through it, and a Crybaby pedal. I do have a distortion pedal (MT-2 ) but I'm more than willing to sell it/trade it.

I'm in a band, we practice with our drummer alot, and we get offers to gig, but both me and our other guitarist and bassist lack the proper equipment, so I need something that can be heard clearly over my drummer and it needs to be gig-worthy.

We already have our style down, for the first CD we are going for a hardcore sound (think A Day to Remember) and then after that we are going to be going after a thrash/melodic death metal sound. (think Winds of Plague/Dethklok). Also, our other guitarist usually writes our slower stuff (think Radiohead) There is also a strong possibility that I will be playing at my schools Jazz band, so it needs to be able to do that.

I'm willing to go used, the closest major city i live near is dallas, TX.

SO, TO SUMMERIZE:
- max budet = $600
- sound has to be capable of doing Jazz to Radiohead to A Day To Remember to Winds Of Plague
- gig-worthy/loud enough to be heard over drums
- willing to go used, live near Dallas, TX.

I welcome, appreciate, and encourage any helpful help. Thanks.
Last edited by ShrimpthePimp at Oct 29, 2008,
Peavey Ultra.
Peaveys are big and cheap, especially used ones
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
I can't find them at guitarcenter.com... and I wont be able to go to the Guitar Center near me until like next next weekend. (the one after this weekend)
>.<'

oh well, I'll look to see if they have any used, thanks Felix.

but uhm, I was also thinking about a B-52 AT-112.
would that be able to pull of jazz?
Ive never heard anything bad about a f-30. Btw love the A7X avatar
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
EHX Metal Muff
Peavey Valvking 112
Boss ME-50
Holy Grail Reverb
try out an f series. it was recommended to me on here. it's a great amp but it wasn't for me, i prefer a three channel amp...
I second the f series and the ultra recommendations. DC series is worth a look too if you find one.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Get a BBE sonicMax
and a Peavy valveking combo for that WOP and ADTR tone
^The VK is not very good for modern metal tones, the f series and the ultras whoop it's butt.

The f series has great fender cleans so jazz would be no problem for it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not