Page 1 of 5
Do you think guns should even exist?

Yes or no, explain

I think yes, because it's a way to defend from way back when when sowards were used, and if used responabily they are fun

You?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
No
I think there used to be more creative and artistic ways of fighting before guns.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.

novel question

no, I don't think guns should exist.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Yes of course. I own several myself and I use them mostly during the winter to kill harmless animals because they taste good and I'm always hungry.
by LazyLatinoRocke
At least you didn't walked in on your cousin and girlfriend going anal.
guns arent really the problem, its the people that misuse guns that are the problem.

but, yeah, i suppose a world without guns, or weapons for that matter, would be ideal...
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
yay becuase they are needed to hunt animals
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by tremeloud
No
I think there used to be more creative and artistic ways of fighting before guns.

There is no art in violence.

I don't know whether guns should exist and I don't care. They do, and I recommend we deal with the power the present appropriatly.
Quote by rageagainst64
guns arent really the problem, its the people that misuse guns that are the problem.

but, yeah, i suppose a world without guns, or weapons for that matter, would be ideal...

Hm. How do we get our meat?

and learn to deal with it. They aren't going away
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Hm. How do we get our meet?

We stuff cows into slaughterhouses..

How did YOU think we got it, smart guy?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Well yes. Sometimes weapons are necessary. Guns are ok. They aren't too powerful. Nuclear weapons... Thats another story...
GUNSSSSS
"I Like Cheese"
Quote by Flying Couch

Good point.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Guns should exist.

Idiots who shoot innocent people shouldn't exist.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Recreationally: Sure
Militarily: Yes, even though bombs are much more effective
For civilians: No freaking way
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
weapons will always exist, but i say a world without guns would be more productive. I think people should fight with swords, bow n arrow, or there fists
Quote by meh!
We stuff cows into slaughterhouses..

How did YOU think we got it, smart guy?

still weapons there.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I duno, Im on the fence.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by tremeloud
Good point.

Glad you agree. :highfive:
Quote by Riddler
Recreationally: Sure
For civilians: No freaking way

lolwut
For self-defence: Yay
For recreation: Yay
For harming of innocent: Nay
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.

I don't know whether guns should exist and I don't care. They do, and I recommend we deal with the power the present appropriatly.
Exactly. Wars aren't about creativity, they're about efficiency, and guns were just the next in line. I don't really see much area for discussion on this topic.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by Flying Couch
Glad you agree. :highfive:

lolwut

Lol, sorry. Let me clarify:

By recreation, I mean for hunting or for sport - rifles, not handguns.

For civilian use, I mean private guns you can carry in public, excluding police.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Hm. How do we get our meat?

and learn to deal with it. They aren't going away

bite cows in the jugular. thats why you got teeth, big guy.

also, you dont see me freaking out at the world, do you? i am dealing with it. im not all 'anti-violence.' in fact, i think a little violence is good for you. i know guns are gonna be around for a long time. nothing anyone can do about it
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

Quote by Steel8909
Yes so I can defend my home against black people and terorists lol

That's first half was uncalled for

GTFO

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by rageagainst64
bite cows in the jugular. thats why you got teeth, big guy.

also, you dont see me freaking out at the world, do you? i am dealing with it. im not all 'anti-violence.' in fact, i think a little violence is good for you. i know guns are gonna be around for a long time. nothing anyone can do about it

I wasn't saying you or anyone was freaking out. I was just saying learn to deal with the fact that guns exist. I have quite a few guns. I love going out to the range and shooting a couple of boxes of shells.

I personally would rather shoot the cow than bite it. Much less work for the same reward.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by rageagainst64

oh boy another gun thread on UG. these threads hardly offer rational thought.

but about this comment: if you take away 'weapons' people are still going to kill eachother. you cant stop that
i'm not sure
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

of course i'm for guns! how'm i supposta go huntin'? or just shoot stuff? or kill stuff for fun (like squirrels, them furry lil' sons a bitches!!)?
Quote by Steel8909
Yes so I can defend my home against black people and terorists lol

At the spelling error, not the joke.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
I wasn't saying you or anyone was freaking out. I was just saying learn to deal with the fact that guns exist. I have quite a few guns. I love going out to the range and shooting a couple of boxes of shells.

I personally would rather shoot the cow than bite it. Much less work for the same reward.

but biting the cow adds to the thrill of the hunt!!!

and, i know guns can be (very) useful in certain situations. my brother and father hunt a lot, so im always around guns. ive shot many guns. but like i was saying originally, guns arent bad. people can be bad. so you actually cant really blame guns at all. which in retrospect, means i was technically wrong in my first post to say what i did. i was suggesting that eliminating guns would eliminate a large cause of death. because honestly, i would rather get rid of guns than get rid of all the people who misuse them. seems a bit more humane.

you dig?
Quote by monkeysintheday

Quote by stef123

Last edited by rageagainst64 at Oct 29, 2008,
Yes. People would have more painful deaths in war if it wasn't for guns. Think about it, bullet to the head or getting sliced up mideval style with a sword?
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by Flying Couch

FOOL!!!

THERE IS ART IN EVERYTHING!!!
Quote by paranoideyes
*horse picture*

...what he said.^

I think it illustrates my beliefs that the first thing that picture made me think was, "OMG what is that shoot it shoot it shoot it!!!"

I think we need guns. I'd like to see it legal for responsible and trained citizens to be allowed to carry a concealed firearm.
Quote by even deeper
oh boy another gun thread on UG. these threads hardly offer rational thought.

but about this comment: if you take away 'weapons' people are still going to kill eachother. you cant stop that

Well that's true enough but guns make it a shitload easier to kill somebody, both physically and psychologically. Therefore you take away guns, you stop a lot of ways of killing people being practical and accessible. Nobody is going to do a drive by knife throwing. But I digress, Flying Couch wins this thread with the dealing with the present remark. There's no point in discussing should guns exist, because they do.
Quote by Trefellin
I think we need guns. I'd like to see it legal for responsible and trained citizens to be allowed to carry a concealed firearm.

You must not be from the US. I have owned a handgun and permit to carry one concealed since i was 21. (they had the class to get the permit 2 days after i turned 21) My grandfather left me his arsenal of like 20+ guns when he died so i am loaded.
Page 1 of 5