Too many choices

ESP EX 400 or Epiphone futura fixed bridge? or Will Adler esp ltd 600 used?

I like the feel of each, I just am not sure what's going to be the better of the two, they seem really similar, except for the fretboards and EMG's. I'm going to be using this for metal. I was also looking at the ESP will adler, but it's a sig guitar and quite a bit more in cost, but it has a set thru neck, ebony board, locking tuners, etc, I think I may be able to pick that up for $800 used, that's the LTD 600 version, and it has SD JB/59 pups.

ESP: Rosewood fretboard
Futura: Ebony

ESP EMG: 81 and 60
Futura EMG: 81 and 85
from the stats you've given, the futura sounds like the better metal guitar, but try both, and choose what you like more
Peavy Cirrus 5 string
Squire Jazz bass
Berhinger ultrabass head, 450 cabinet
Resident Marvel Comic expert of the Bass Militia, PM Dinkydaisy to join
]My band's myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jenovamusicpage
esps are better than epis IMO and i thinjk most ppls opinion or what should be most peoples opinion.

Epi to esp is what Katy Perry is to P!nk
LTD EX-400, IMO, is the better deal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
GET THE WILLIE ADLER.....NOA!!!!!!!!!! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!! AND POST PICSS!!!!!!!!!

I <3 LoG......
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
GET THE WILLIE ADLER.....NOA!!!!!!!!!! PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!!! AND POST PICSS!!!!!!!!!

I <3 LoG......

Lamb of God is awesome, but I am not sure I can validate spending a couple hundred more for that ESP Ltd 600. Anyone else think it's worth it?
says the member of the LTD crusaders....
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
The LTD Crusaders is just about people calling LTD's ESP's. Might wanna take a look before saying anything, it'd make you seam like less of a fvcktard.
An LTD 600 series should slay any epiphone thats not elitist.
I think there's probably a better re sell on the epiphone as not to many people will fancy the camo job on the WA model. The LTD will be better for heavier music, and most people prefer passives over actives .
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Get a LTD....EC 400VF in cherry burst...Nothing screams Metal like a vintage looking guitar.
Quote by caraluzzo
The LTD Crusaders is just about people calling LTD's ESP's. Might wanna take a look before saying anything, it'd make you seam like less of a fvcktard.

Which happened again in this topic
Good call caraluzzo, he does kinda look like a fvcktard now

On topic: I'd go for the LTD if you let me choose between the LTD 400 and the futura. But try an epi LP prophecy or an edwards LP. Imo both better than the LTD.
Just my opinion.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
ESP LTD makes very good metal guitars
I own a Viper-400
And I it's pretty nice, not the best. But pretty damn good.
Yeah, nothing gets "Amazing" until the $1000+ range.

Although they all have EMG's.
So don't even worry about tone (Coming from the guitar)

So I'd say pick the guitar that feels best and looks the sickest to you.

And where'd this "LTD crusaders" come from?
Pointless.. You really don't have to run around these forums correcting people
We know what they mean.
Quote by huevos
ESP LTD makes very good metal guitars
I own a Viper-400
And I it's pretty nice, not the best. But pretty damn good.
Yeah, nothing gets "Amazing" until the $1000+ range.

Although they all have EMG's.
So don't even worry about tone (Coming from the guitar)

Thanks for the advice, the viper's a nice guitar too.

There was one that didn't have EMG's and that was the LTD Will Adler600, that has a jb/59. I liked all the the guitars I played on so that's why I am having such a hard time picking one out. I also played a PRS SE Paul Allender, which felt really good, I just don't like purple that much. I like the WA but don't know if it's worth the extra $250 or $300 for the set thru neck, locking tuners, Tonepros T3B-T bridge and T1Z Locking tailpiece?
that Will A is used, so it's not going to be available much longer, anyone want to answer post #19 for me
I loved the Prophecy Series, and I'd go with that personally. try em out though.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
The WA is a nice playing guitar, I've played a few. The only thing I dislike is the inlays.
If you feel the WA would be better for you then go for it. I'd take the WA over the EX anyday. JMO.
Between the Futura and the EX, I'd have to go with the EX. Personally, I find the Futura uncomfortable because it's like a physically handicapped Explorer. They messed up the shape, and it's weird, but both have the same pickups, and the Futura's finish is nothing short of awesome, but the EX feels better (I think), and has a thinner neck as well. Although, if you can push out 30 more dollars, the ESP LTD FX-400 would be even better. It stays in tune better, and the Spalted Maple Top gives it a great sanded down feel, so you can really move with it. Hope I helped.
Thanks, I like that spalted maple top, the neck feels good on it too. Now's it's a battle between the Will Adler 600 and that.
Are you comfortable with both shapes?
Just wondering, because sometimes it's hard for people to adapt to certain shapes, and either one of those could feel pretty uncomfortable to you. What are you playing with right now?
I'm on an old Ibanez Ex series, it's just like the MH shape from Esp ltd.
have you guys heard anything about the ESP WA being chambered? Also do you think switching from a strat style body to a LP or explorer will be harder?
Quote by caraluzzo

I stopped taking you seriously when you spelled seem "seam"
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by Lucky7s
have you guys heard anything about the ESP WA being chambered? Also do you think switching from a strat style body to a LP or explorer will be harder?

I didn't think the Adler Sig was chambered, but it may be. Just makes it lighter weight anyway, so it's not a bad thing. Also, it really just depends on changing body styles. I played a Fender strat as my first guitar for 2 years, then got a B.C. Rich NJ Warlock. It seemed TERRIBLE at first, but soon I got used to it. Then, got my first ESP guitar. My favorite one. My EC-1000, which is LP shaped, and it didn't seem bad at all. I think it depends on the person really.