Page 1 of 2
are 2008 world series champs. Thoughts? I was a Phillie's since I can remember and it seemed like destiny and like it was their year 80 08. They deserve it and the Rays definitely made it a challenge and suspenseful till the end.
To be honest I never though for a second that a National League team would win this year. Congrats to the Phillies, its just too bad most of there fans have no class at games.
[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/chw42/spiderjamesPJsig.png[/IMG]
The Rays had so many good oppotunities but just couldn't cash in. Look out for them again next year though.
Quote by Ichimaru
I've always wanted to meet a really hot readhead so that I could tell her name is Moses and I'm here to see the burning bush.
sh*t i just made a thread. I'll close it and move it here.

EDIT:

Deleted and here's my post:

As a Philadelphian, I feel obligated to make a thread to our 2008 World Series champs.

That said, I hate baseball. This is just hometown pride.

People screaming in the streets, the fire engine around the corner is blaring it's horn, firecrackers popping and all sorts of happy happy joy joy.

I'm sure this city will tear itself apart. I regret not being drunk right now. Because if there is a time to do it, this is it. I expect a collective city-wide hangover tomorrow morning.

I didn't watch the game, like I said, I don't like baseball. But after I heard the cheering and sh*t I switched the channel and saw the celebration. The part that had me laughing was the guy on the Rays who got struck out. I laughed out loud (otherwise known as "lol") and said, "How does it feel a**hole?! Our success hinged on your failure! How does it feel? Is your team disappointed? Are your mommy and daddy ashamed?! Muh hahahaha!"

Yes, I am that mean spirited and hateful. Born and raised in Philadelphia after all.

So, give it up to the 2008 World Series Champions... The Philadelphia Phillies!
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
I'm just happy the rays lost, I'm still sore about them beating the Sox in the ALCS.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
there will be riots in philly, much like there would have been if theyd have lost.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by The_Paranoia
Hum, over already? Normally I'm on top of this. Oh well, congratz Phillies. Mets will be #1 next year.

Hopefully, they need a better bullpen.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by The_Paranoia
Hum, over already? Normally I'm on top of this. Oh well, congratz Phillies. Mets will be #1 next year.

at least youre optimistic.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Strato-Massacre
there will be riots in philly, much like there would have been if theyd have lost.

I'm counting on it. Just not in my neighborhood. This city needs a good riot. Keeps everyone on their toes.

God, I wish I had some beer.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Woooooooooooooooo! Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by rorythefaggot
I am a clock.

What am I?

GO PHILLIES
Quote by Strato-Massacre
at least youre optimistic.

hey for us Mets fans its a start

and my riot forecast for the city of Philly is mostly crazy with showers of bullets
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by The_Paranoia

Don't Met's fans say this every year?
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
The Rays are a great team and their young and they will get better but I could just tell it was Philly's year. Regarding Philly's fans, yeah they are very ignorant and a lot have no class, and there will most certainly be a city-wide hangover but also in all areas around it coming from a person who has lived there his whole life but the point is there are ignorant and crazy fans all over and most won't think twice about getting plastered and going crazy or being ignorant, and while Philly may be worse than most cities, no one matches their passion in my opinion.
Quote by LondonGeetarist

NO!!...

yes
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by LondonGeetarist

you deserve one free internet sir
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
Quote by potcorn56
and my riot forecast for the city of Philly is mostly crazy with showers of bullets

In reporter voice:

Jonas Reilly here all night long with your up to the minute coverage of the soon-to-be Philadelphia World Series Riots.

And I'll be here LIVE to give you complete coverage of this disaster waiting to happen.

Back to you, Tim.
Quote by Article

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
In reporter voice:

Jonas Reilly here all night long with your up to the minute coverage of the soon-to-be Philadelphia World Series Riots.

And I'll be here LIVE to give you complete coverage of this disaster waiting to happen.

Back to you, Tim.

Tim???!!!!!!
Quote by nincompoop
Quote by The_Paranoia
Don't be dissing my NYM pride. Yeah we say it every year, but still, we got a shot. Just need some pitchers.

Yeah, we always have a good team, it's just something always goes wrong. We're like the Cubs on a smaller scale
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything

While I usually root for the NL team, since I'm a Braves fan, I REALLY wanted to see the Rays win this year. They had such a great team, and all of the potential, but they just couldn't pull it off.

Fantastic seasons by both teams, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
HELL YEAH!!!

this is the first time one of my favorite sports teams have won a title!

i wish i could be in Philly right now. im sure the entire city is going crazy.

tonight would be a good night to drink. unfortunately i have to have 2 papers done for classes tomorrow, and i really cant afford to get bad grades on them.

so no drinking tonight.
You have got to remember...

WHO CARES?

In my opinion, this is the worst World Series in history. It wasn't interesting at all, and the ratings agree with my point.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
^of course people will say it was boring.

nobody wanted the Phillies to win.

oh wait, are you a Dodgers fan?

that would explain things.
my god this is freaking AWESOME! its about time. ive loved every phila team for as long as i can remember. this is the best.

im so at the parade on friday.

****!

-mroe

edit: **** all you haters. this is our time, all you assholes can piss off
Quote by wemonir
some guy asked me if i wanted to go back to his apartment and spin around on his weiner but i told him i had to go to the dentist
Quote by Hirschberger
You have got to remember...

WHO CARES?

In my opinion, this is the worst World Series in history. It wasn't interesting at all, and the ratings agree with my point.

Thank god the ratings agree with you...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
i think the ceremony is at 12 in the staduim. im getting there at 645.

-mroe
Quote by wemonir
some guy asked me if i wanted to go back to his apartment and spin around on his weiner but i told him i had to go to the dentist
i might be able to go. i'll have to see if i can get some people to go with me. i dont really want to drive approx. 2 hours if i cant get some people to come with me.
pretty much my entire school is going, there shouldnt even be shcool on friday in fact. im guaranteed to run into somebody i know. this is great.

-mroe
Quote by wemonir
Quote by potcorn56
Tim???!!!!!!

F*ck if I know your name

Quote by daytripper75
HELL YEAH!!!

this is the first time one of my favorite sports teams have won a title!

i wish i could be in Philly right now. im sure the entire city is going crazy.
tonight would be a good night to drink. unfortunately i have to have 2 papers done for classes tomorrow, and i really cant afford to get bad grades on them.

so no drinking tonight.

Reporter voice:

The streets are packed with alcoholic frenzy here, Bill. Anybody trying to leave the stadium tonight is sure in for a long night. Broad Street is completely engulfed wall to wall with a sea of drunken red and white. This city is one gunshot away from complete mayhem. We are not sleeping tonight, folks.

Back to you, Bill.
Quote by Article

The Phillies won...

...go Eagles...

Cole Hamels is a god. He should be winning a Cy Young any year now.
If you are reading this, then it would seem that you're either too busy with this sig with nothing in it to finish reading the thread or there are no posts left in the thread to read.
Hell Yeah Phillies. The Rays were such an underdog, it would be like Sparky the dog with two legs beating a Kenyan in the 50 yard dash.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Don't be dissing my NYM pride. Yeah we say it every year, but still, we got a shot. Just need some pitchers.

more like youth, and talent.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by daytripper75
^i might drive to philly for that. what time are they having it?

Unfortunately, I've heard that Pallet Town is a long way away from Philly :/

Back on topic, at first I was disappointed because I used to live in the Tampa Bay area, but then I realized it just saved america from three more games.

Needless to say, thank you phillys for ending the borefest that has been happening since it replaced sunday night football.
It was cool. I wouldve liked if the Rays won though. After last year and them being the worst team then being the complete opposite would've been pretty cool
"I Like Cheese"
Page 1 of 2