Hey pit, I need to record some dark/scary/creepy music for Halloween, got any ideas? Nothing too complicated since there's not much time left.
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
well i learned the halloween movie theme, its simple, and there are about 4 ways to play it
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain 1967-1994
DOOOOOOM! OVER THE WORLD

Doom metal.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Just play around with harmonic minor. For a chord, you should go one half step lower than the root note, and use that as a powerchord, but # the 5th.
Got a chorus pedal? Turn up the "rate" knob (It will be called something similar at least), have some distortion and bam, you get a crazy vibrato-ey evil sounding halloween tone.
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
Got a chorus pedal? Turn up the "rate" knob (It will be called something similar at least), have some distortion and bam, you get a crazy vibrato-ey evil sounding halloween tone.

I don't have a pedal, wish I did
Quote by maniac111
Just play around with harmonic minor. For a chord, you should go one half step lower than the root note, and use that as a powerchord, but # the 5th.

This
Make sure to get some delay in there.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
OK, i listened to Halloween, that sounds like a good song to play. Thanks. I might also try to do This is halloween from Nightmare before Christmas.
Have a two minor chords vamp that are a major third apart e.g. Am - Fm. Use the hungarian minor (#4, #7) for each one of the chords accordingly. Happy spooks!
intro to Black Sabbath of course.
(in addition to Halloween, etc.)
Tales from the Crypt themesong is pretty nifty too
You could throw some volume knob swells in. "ooOOOoooOOooo!"

Ahhh! Just writing it is spooky!
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Diminished and augmented harmony.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Horror chords (idk what they're really called)

B|----5----
G|----8----

Also there's this one riff from an 80s song that sounds creepy, but i can't be bothered to tap it out.
Quote by stratkat
Horror chords (idk what they're really called)

B|----5----
G|----8----

Nice string arrangement. I also like how it's not even a chord.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Nice string arrangement. I also like how it's not even a chord.

Power chords technically aren't chords, they're only two notes:p
at least as far as I know to really be a chord it needs 3 notes.
I suck with writing tabs...tabs dyslexias:/ it's from playing in drop tunings exclusively.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by stratkat
Power chords technically aren't chords, they're only two notes:p
at least as far as I know to really be a chord it needs 3 notes.

A chord consists of 3 different tones or more. A 3-note powerchord still isn't a chord because there's only 2 tones (root, 5th, octave of root which is the same tone as root). 2 notes are double stops.

And now that your diagram makes more sense...it's a b9 interval, consisting of two pitches that are a semitone apart, hence its dissonance.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana