I got a Jackson Warrior for my birthday a few months ago, and so far I'm very satisfied with the guitar itself. However, I've been doing some minor customizing like adjusting the action, floyd rose spring tension, and intonation, and I've completely stripped the tool Jackson provided for unscrewing most of the parts. In particular this is a problem because I can't screw the locking nuts all the way down and my tuning keeps going sharp almost immediately.

I looked on Jackson's website but I couldn't find a way to contact them and ask for a replacement. Do you think they would send me a replacement, and, if so, how can I contact them? Also, in the meantime, is there anything I can do to secure my locking nuts so that I can actually play the guitar while I wait?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The locking nuts are entirely round on the outside edge, they have hexagonal slots in them designed to fit the tool Jackson provided. I've tried using needle-nose pliers, but since the edges are round, it doesn't work.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
take it down to your hardware store and ask for one of the same size.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
They'd have one at a hardware store? I'd never seen a tool like it so I just assumed it was a proprietary tool so that you couldn't use Jackson hardware with other guitars and vice-versa. If that's an ordinary tool I'm afraid I may have just made myself look like a dumbass...

EDIT: Ah, yes. I just Wiki'd allen wrenches and you're right. I'm officially a dumbass.

Thanks haha.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Oct 29, 2008,
Uh... allen wrenches do not strip. You rip apart the heads of the allen screws for using the wrong size. The proper size for the posts, lock bolts, and lock nuts is a 3mm. The correct size for the Floyd saddle screws is 2.5mm IIRC. You shoudl still have the wrench the slips over the truss nut then.
You started ****in around with a guitar when you didn't even know what an Allen key is? Oh dear dude! Hope it works out okay for ya in the end!
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
you also mentioned that your tuning goes sharp? is this when you tighten the locking nuts? this is probably because jacksons don't have a string retainer on the headstock to make the strings lay flat across the nut bed.
if you remove the locking blocks and look at the nut from the side you'll see that this may be the case. the strings don't lay flat across the nut
so the locking block pushes the string down onto the nut bed, making the tuning go sharp.