Has anyone played this? If you have would it be good for blues/country/rock? Any information at all that would be helpful? There is also a little giant combo. Same price as the half stack, but which would give better tone?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Well the head and cab would give you more versatility. You can easily get a better cab if you want to upgrade. I can't think of a reason why the combo would give better sound.

It should work very well for blues, country, and rock up to about AC/DC type sounds without pedals (although it'll be loud at those volumes). With pedals, you should be able to play just about anything. There are lots of threads about this amp, feel free to search!
Quote by Jack Carver
Well the head and cab would give you more versatility. You can easily get a better cab if you want to upgrade. I can't think of a reason why the combo would give better sound.

It should work very well for blues, country, and rock up to about AC/DC type sounds without pedals (although it'll be loud at those volumes). With pedals, you should be able to play just about anything. There are lots of threads about this amp, feel free to search!

Yeah, sorry. I just didn't feel like going to the searchbar (teenage laziness rears it's ugly head again! )

Thanks for the info guys. As I'm kinda new to electric and all, I really don't know much about amps. And the stacks just confuse me. I mean, the cab is basically just a speaker in a box, right?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^Exactly, and the head is all the fun bits. A combo basically puts the amplifier (the head) and the speaker all in the same box, thus why it's called a combo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
So that being said, what makes a good cab?
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
^Quality of construction (are the joints just glued or are they joined with dovetails like you'd see on a nice piece of furniture), what they're made of, the speakers.

Speakers are preference and some sound better with different amps. Cabs come in closed and open back construction and generally open backed cabs are less focused and looser sounding, they also spread the sound better. Closed back cabs are tighter and more focused and don't spread the sound as much. Which is better is all preference.
Thanks, this is really helpful. Ok, one more question. What would be a good, low-cost cab? My funds are somewhat limited since I'm 16 with no job...for now at least. And by low cost, I mean to keep the price of the head and cab in the <$400 range, preferably <$300 though
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I would just get the blackheart and the matching cab. Pretty hard to find a 1x12 and anything bigger is gonna wreck your budget.
Ok, thanks. So then, a goal has been set! $400 to buy the stack, and also have a little extra on the side for a new SRV style strap . And then the new acoustic fund begins! And then the new electric! And then....well, I don't know. But it seems as though I've caught GAS. Great.

Lol, I just noticed your location. I have a lot of family in STL. Misery. Only in the summer dude! I'm actually a bit of a distant neighbor in that hick filled state to your west. You know, Kansas.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
the amp would get very loud if you want to play rock with it(earplug loud), if thats no problem get it, or just get a OD pedal to be able to play at normal volumes
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard