I play Death Metal and punk Hardcore.

I am using a Peavey Valveking Head.
Right now i'm selling gear and i'm going to get around $450.

So i want to buy a new cabinet 2x12.
I gig once in awhile so i want to know ,
If its reliable
loud for a 2x12.

My choices
New Vader 2x12 $450
Used Genz Benz G flex 2x12 for $300

If i don't go with the choices above then what 4x12 cab for cheap would be good for
death metal etc etc
that g flex is great and so is that vader. id go with the g flex though because its cheaper

But looked for a used recto 2x12, they go for as low as $300
Personally, I'd go with the vader. I find the g-flex a rather hard cab to mic. Lots of tone is projected through the ports on the front. Great for live situations but not great for micing. It kind of has a scooped sound to it also, lots of bass and lots of treble. Mids are usually from resonance inside the cab and the speakers. The V12 legends have a great sweet smooth tone in comparison to the rather dry Gflex speakers.

That being said, I'd like to try some different speakers in the G-flex to see what improves it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Oct 30, 2008,
VADER, I say it all the time.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Vader for sure.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
They would both be loud enough. I have never heard the Vader live, but the Genz Benz is a MONSTER!!! I heard a guy play a recto through it and I have never heard a more perfect metal tone.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Okay i'm going to get the vader later but the guy selling the Genz 2x12 is selling it for $250 and the extra money i'm buying a BBE sonic Max 482i for $75 leaving me $95 left so i can get a cheap 4x12.