ok so ive restrung my 2b with a 2b string and i tuned it with my tuner that i actually plug into the guitar. thing is the string is loose and buzzing. but when i go to tighten it up it automatically says its 4d than 5g :S:S:S. this is weird stuff. any help?
... wtf is 2b? unless your referring to the b string a the 2 is so people know its position in relation to the other strings? like high e is 1 and low e is 6?
in which case you may be an octave down keep tuning up unless you think its gonna break.

or ive got the wrong end of the stick.
i think hes saying 2 flats meaning tuning a whole step down. get thicker strings
Last edited by burn the stars at Oct 29, 2008,
Quote by tigs6969
ok so ive restrung my 2b with a 2b string and i tuned it with my tuner that i actually plug into the guitar. thing is the string is loose and buzzing. but when i go to tighten it up it automatically says its 4d than 5g :S:S:S. this is weird stuff. any help?

Ok , here's how it works...

Your tuner is set to pick up the specific notes of the open strings, namely E, A, D, G and B.

Like stephen said you're tuned an octave too low, and as you're tuning up to the correct octave the tuner will react to the change in pitch and detect when it gets close to any other notes, namely the D ang G that are inbetween the two B's you're moving between. Keep tuning up after it hits G and the next note it'll pick up will be B.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com