Horrible. Absolutely dreadful, and only slightly above the the enslavement of foreign peoples.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by rasveer
Very Bad

Quote by zippidyduda
Horrible. Absolutely dreadful, and only slightly above the the enslavement of foreign peoples.

Explain
The only things wrong with the British empire was that it was too small and it didn't last long enough.

I jest...

It's bad on the whole I think although it does have its upsides, such as the industrialisation of India and the African colonies.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Quote by Paquijón
I had a guy in my college Rhetorical Writing course use the title for his essay "America: The Rise and Fall of a Great Empire".

Teh funneh iz dat merica's no empire.

I'm certain he was being ironic (sorry if you were to and i didn't pick up on it).
Lots of people would think the same of America, and of other countries. The phrase 'one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter' comes to mind when i think of imperialism.

EDIT:
Quote by Supertait
The only things wrong with the British empire was that it was too small and it didn't last long enough.

Are you kidding me!? Our empire was huge. True, we were one of the biggest powers the world had ever seen, but i'm glad we got rid of it. The strain it was on our economy, particularly after the second world war, was enormous. Plus we were fighting against Nazi Imperialism and then the Soviets, so it would have been hypocritical if we kept our colonies.

I may be one of the only brits that is pleased that we lost to America in the war of independance. We wouldn't have been able to afford them (even though they were pissed off at the time because we weren't treating the pilgrims right). America has developed nicely since then. America would not be as important and as needed as it was if we had kept a hold of it.
Last edited by A8039077 at Oct 30, 2008,