Haven't seen any threads in here for Mr. Frampton, and I do believe a guitarist of his caliber deserves one! I'm not going to pretend to have listened to all of his music, only Frampton comes alive and the 20th century masters CD, but I've fallen in love with him and the talk box. My favorites are Show me the Way, Breaking all the Rules and of course Do You Feel Like We Do?

Amazing talkbox solo.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Eh, the talkbox thing got a little old for me to be honest. That being said, Frampton is a very, very good guitarist.

Good live show too.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
frampton rocks...........................................................
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Talkbox might 'get old' but thats like any gimic really, like playing with the teeth etc. I think it fits the song well though.
Quote by Mister.Y

I still have Frampton Comes Alive on cassete tape somewhere.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
None of my friends like him... It's sad.

I love Peter Frampton so much.

P.S. I'm a womanfolk! : )
sraeb

Quote by Trefellin
Show me your erection or gtfo... please.
bit of a bump...just to say that I just got Peter Frampton GOLD...
2 disc, it's really good. found some nice new songs! I'll give you money...it's a plain shame...while my guitar gently weeps. Still have more to discover!
Quote by Mister.Y

Frampton Comes Alive is one of the greatest if not the greatest live record of the rock era. Too bad Frampton's run slowed a bit after a few huge years around this release.

Up there with Get Yer Ya Ya's Out and Wings Over America.
i saw him this summer and hes got such a great sense of humor, some guy was walking to his seat after he missed the first song and frampton kidded with him saying 'you missed the greatest version of 'do you feel' weve ever done' what a great guy
Frampton is awesome!

I saw him this summer too, it was incredible! He's gotta be around 60 and he's still kickin' it, having a blast on stage.
I totally hope he comes to edmonton! that'd be amazing...but not many people do unfortunately.
Quote by Mister.Y

He did a great cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps on Soundstage a while back.

He's not really a favorite guitarist of mine though, but I can't really explain why.
Hey, I'm Mike.
^ I really like his playing, but I wouldn't say he's one of my favorite guitarists. I don't really like his tone.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I think that's a big part of it. I mean he's known for his LP, but watching that show I kept thinking "I think I know how he wants this to sound, but he's not going to get there unless he switches guitars". Left something to be desired I guess.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Frampton is a very talented artist. He is one of the artists who popularized live ablums.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION
I still have my original vinyl record of Frampton Comes Alive, I listen to it all the time, it's fantastic!
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
If you don't want it...i'll give you my address :P
Quote by Mister.Y

Amazing live performer, I saw him back in July in a small arena and i want to say it was ALMOST better than a big arena Rush concert, tough call though.

Also, very, very underrated guitarist, simply because he was such a great lead singer and revolutionized the talk-box, in my opinion.
Quote by BOC15
Also, very, very underrated guitarist

I disagree entirely. He CERTAINLY gets his share of praise.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
If you don't want it...i'll give you my address :P

I'm gonna hold on to this one for now
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!