Page 1 of 3
well and I was playing some Slayer, Ozzy, self stuff, etc and this guy comes in and watches me for about 20 minutes with occasional comments such as "is that the best you can do?" i felt guilty afterwards and said, "did you wanna try it out?" (dimebag dean razorback explosion) hes like "yeah but ill have to tune it first" I know i am not the best at perfect pitch but the way he said it, it was so cocky... I have to admit though he was really good, i asked him how long has he been playing for, he said about 20 years.. so ****ing cocky this guy, you wouldn't believe.. why do ppl do that, why cant they just shut the **** up and be nice? it doesn't take a lot of work, just cause your better than someone doesn't give him the right to make comments like that, i mean I haven't even been playing for 1/10th of his time, wtf? seriously.. such assholes these days...
Quote by guylee
if i had a nickel for every time a thread like this was made, i would have a sack full of quarters

I would have about 66 nickels.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
He probably works there undercover and wanted you get you out because you had no intention of buying anything.
12 fret fury
If you have been playing for 20 years you would have more respect for others I think. This guy sounds like some prick that picked up guitar to just impress people.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
If he did that to me I'd be like "You wana try it out" "Yeah" "Then you should of asked ass hole, dont be a ****en pussy and ask me instead of standing there and critisizing.
Quote by guylee
if i had a nickel for every time a thread like this was made, i would have a sack full of quarters

How is that possible? If you're getting nickels then there would be no quarters unless....

WITCH!!!!!
Quote by TheMantipede
How is that possible? If you're getting nickels then there would be no quarters unless....

WITCH!!!!!

guess you better weigh me against a duck
Quote by Paquijón
He's a prick. Next time you see him, chuck a guitar at his face.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

you'd hurt the guitar...
Quote by OhSoInsane
well and I was playing some Slayer, Ozzy, self stuff, etc and this guy comes in and watches me for about 20 minutes with occasional comments such as "is that the best you can do?" i felt guilty afterwards and said, "did you wanna try it out?" (dimebag dean razorback explosion) hes like "yeah but ill have to tune it first" I know i am not the best at perfect pitch but the way he said it, it was so cocky... I have to admit though he was really good, i asked him how long has he been playing for, he said about 20 years.. so ****ing cocky this guy, you wouldn't believe.. why do ppl do that, why cant they just shut the **** up and be nice? it doesn't take a lot of work, just cause your better than someone doesn't give him the right to make comments like that, i mean I haven't even been playing for 1/10th of his time, wtf? seriously.. such assholes these days...

wow, you must really suck
Quote by GrungeJunkie

you'd hurt the guitar...

don't worry, there are PLENTY of dimebag razorbacks....
Quote by GrungeJunkie

you'd hurt the guitar...

TS was playing a Dimebag Dean Razorback Explosion. It'd be a blessing.

Anyway, people are mean. Get used to it.
Quote by vash_08
wow, you must really suck

see what im talking about? assholes like you. You have no proof of what you just said and likely never will but just wanna say shit like this to make yourself feel better. f'uckhead
such is life. there is always going to be dicks and if they see that it affects you they'll just get worse.
What I do in similar situations is say 'sorry, hold on a second, my gf is calling' then I'll show them her picture I keep in my wallet.
Hot Japanese gf FTW!
Quote by OhSoInsane
see what im talking about? assholes like you. You have no proof of what you just said and likely never will but just wanna say shit like this to make yourself feel better. f'uckhead

i don't know if he's making himself feel better so much as he knows he's pissing you off.
Quote by guylee

No, you'd have a sack full of nickles, you dunce.

Just for the record, you shouldn't have tolerated that. "Is that the best you can do?" "Yeah, now fuck off."

Problem solved. That or "Do you mind?" "Do I mind what?" "Fucking off?"

Or "knock knock." "Who's there?" "Fuck off."
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by Survivalism
No, you'd have a sack full of nickles, you dunce.

That was indeed the joke.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
i'm a humble guy, so i hate when people get too showy/flashy or do stuff to impress others.

and i especially hate when people criticize someone's playing.
Quote by ratmblink123

That was indeed the joke.

Oh, good. Hey, thanks for the explanation, because there's no possible way in hell I was also joking. That's just entirely impossible, because I'm dumb and I don't get things. I also call people very weak names like "dunce" when I'm attempting to insult their intelligence. Should I wipe my ass with a rake?
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
Oh, good. Hey, thanks for the explanation, because there's no possible way in hell I was also joking. That's just entirely impossible, because I'm dumb and I don't get things. I also call people very weak names like "dunce" when I'm attempting to insult their intelligence. Should I wipe my ass with a rake?

yes
Quote by Survivalism

Wow, dude, I don't think I needed that intense of a response. Sometimes you have to point things out because people don't get it.

So how about you calm down a little bit, and realize this is the internet?
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by InvaderTSN
I left my caring in my other pair of pants.

Same here guys. IT DOESN'T MAKE A BIT OF DIFFERENCE GUYS, MY CARING IS INERT. I LEFT IT IN MY OTHER PANTS POCKET.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Paquijón

OH MY GOD. YOU WIN.

You get 5.000.000.000 e-cookies, so now you'll get e-fat.

I think I e-love you
Quote by bokma
My first time hasn't come yet.. but when I does, I'm gonna die of stage fright

Quote by guylee
guess you better weigh me against a duck

She turned me into a newt............well....I got better.
Back to topic, that guy was a dick. I've been playing for 20 years, and I actually consider myself not as good as people that have been playing a fraction of the time. I just enjoy playing. Why can't everybody do that?
Quote by Punk Poser
He probably works there undercover and wanted you get you out because you had no intention of buying anything.

KaCHING.... I think your on the money.

He's was obviusly an asshole but on another point, did have any SERIOUS intention of buying a guitar from that shop? If not, get off the guitar and stop wasting the stores time, this is why some stores are hesitant to let people try things. They spend hundreds of dollars on strings and maintanence on there selve stock just because kids come in and think. Oh lets just randomly play a guitar even though i have no job and can't even afford to by a few pics.

If you had SERIOUS intention....I take it all back
Quote by b4mvthrasher
OH MY GOD. YOU WIN.

I think I e-love you

don't worry, it wasn't you that sucked.......just the guitar.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

So I went into a guitar store the other day and this dumb ass nub is playing shitty metal on a Dimebag guitar. So I went up to him and asked, "Is that the best you can do?" and he got uncomfortable and asked me if I wanted to try it out. I laughed and told him no because razorbacks are shitty guitars. Then I proceeded to guide him to some better guitars while also kindly teaching him a few things about practice routines and techniques and we ended up becoming good friends and went out for some Popeye's chicken and biscuits. It was a good day.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
So I went into a guitar store the other day and this dumb ass nub is playing shitty metal on a Dimebag guitar. So I went up to him and asked, "Is that the best you can do?" and he got uncomfortable and asked me if I wanted to try it out. I laughed and told him no because razorbacks are shitty guitars. Then I proceeded to guide him to some better guitars while also kindly teaching him a few things about practice routines and techniques and we ended up becoming good friends and went out for some Popeye's chicken and biscuits. It was a good day.

so your the bastard who cut in line at popeyes!!!!
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Quote by aradine
so your the bastard who cut in line at popeyes!!!!

I was really hungry. Sorry!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
This is my all time fave thread beacause there ARE alot of arseholes out there but there's also alot of kids, typical two sides to the story, I would have completely ignored his nosy ass personaly, he'd feel like a bumb and walk away, then he would post on ug about this silent guitarist he met at wherever the f*ck u were...

Ps. He's probably upset because he's been playin for 20 years and never made anything of it!
Last edited by -=Led_Hed=- at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by razorback_al_31
KaCHING.... I think your on the money.

He's was obviusly an asshole but on another point, did have any SERIOUS intention of buying a guitar from that shop? If not, get off the guitar and stop wasting the stores time, this is why some stores are hesitant to let people try things. They spend hundreds of dollars on strings and maintanence on there selve stock just because kids come in and think. Oh lets just randomly play a guitar even though i have no job and can't even afford to by a few pics.

If you had SERIOUS intention....I take it all back

Look, guitar shops know that kids can't necessarily afford some of that stuff, so they like to pay around with it, just to dream. And maybe to buy it in the future. What's the harm in that? Guitar Center should consider themselves lucky anyone does business with them.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
should've said you got shot onstage while playing a fair while back and your not as good as you used to be.
Quote by b4mvthrasher
OH MY GOD. YOU WIN.

I think I e-love you

No you don't, you just want to get sigged.

On topic: Stand up for yourself, dude!
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
Page 1 of 3