Does anyone know what gear John uses? More importantly during the Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulance era. I am really digging his tone esspecially on The Great Debate. I'm sort trying to get that tone but not sure exactly what his gear is or what his EQ is set like.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by GuitarAustin95
i never said a single word to kevin in my entire life hess just a ****ed up bitch!

??
Yeah I was actually considering picking up a Bongo this summer but that didn't happen. Figured I should go for a new amp system first.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
Quote by GuitarAustin95
i never said a single word to kevin in my entire life hess just a ****ed up bitch!

wat

The 'Ray should be fairly easy to emulate, but the 8-string would be a bit harder...

Basically SWR and a 'ray would do it, though I'm sure his pedalboard played a huge role in his sound as well.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by HighPotency
The only advice i can offer is to get a musicman bass with humbuckers.

>.> is that because the musicman can copy a lot of sounds, or because he has a musicman NOW?

Most of it was recorded with his normal yamaha (which has musicman like humbuckers). And some 8-string work.

In the wikipedia it says all you need to now:
but I would suggest: get a ashdown amp, boost the mids and bass a bit and the tone knob.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by captainoid
??

It's a reference to a Dream Theater parody on youtube, search adam02.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Quote by Neo Evil11
>.> is that because the musicman can copy a lot of sounds, or because he has a musicman NOW?

Most of it was recorded with his normal yamaha (which has musicman like humbuckers). And some 8-string work.

but I would suggest: get a ashdown amp, boost the mids and bass a bit and the tone knob.

He exclusively used a 5 string Ray for Disc 2 of Six Degrees, IIRC. And the Yamaha didn't have the MM pickup until after that album in the JM2 revision.
Quote by Neo Evil11

Actually, he used a 5 string Stingray and an 8 string (brand already mentioned) for SDOIT.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by GuitarAustin95

I love those videos
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!