I've been a long time jazz fan, and for the past year or so, i've been reallllly into jazz bass players like Jaco, Manring, Marcus Miller, and so on. I've been playing my 6 string acoustic guitar for a couple years now, and i really like it. Lately i've been thinking about really diving into jazz bass, but i don't know where to start. I'd want to go fretless though. I have a bass picked out. But i don't know how to start learning. The internet is chock full of resources to learn, but the internet is a rather large place, and i'm not having much luck finding quality places to learn.
My skill level is somewhere in between beginner and intermediate. I'm not very knowledgeable about theory. I know a few scales kinda sorta, and a bunch of chords.
I'd really appreciate it if you guys could direct me to some quality resources for learning jazz bass! Thanks!

Edit: Oh, also, i'm not restricting myself to the internet. If there are really great books out there, i don't mind shelling out a few bucks for some literature. But i figure the internet is a great place to start!
oh sweet, thank you Regression!

How about some lessons how to play fretless bass? Or bass in general, for that matter. I've only played regular acoustic before.