o.k so i recently bought a acoustic electric bass, it was an ok fender, but right now im having it restrung for free(nice to know the owners) so there is no pics...so i was wondering if it was a good choice? or should i have gotten a plain electric or plain acoustic, and is there a difference in sound at all?
you won't find many acoustic basses that aren't A/E...they just aren't practical without a way to be amplified.

That said, of you like the thing and it sounds good, then yes it was a good buy. I love my AEB. It's not really suited for my band's shows (I use overdrive), it's excellent for practicing or low-volume gigs. I play in a praise and worship band sometimes, and its tone is perfectly suited to that..though mine's quite a bit warmer than most.
Nope, no sig here.
no it won't. An acoustic guitar/bass will sound differently from just a standard electric bass. I own three different electric basses and they all have their own sound. I am in the market for an acoustic now because I want to play some different things that would sound better acousticly.

Hope that helps.

Harley
Quote by darkrikku
o.k so i recently bought a acoustic electric bass, it was an ok fender, but right now im having it restrung for free(nice to know the owners) so there is no pics...so i was wondering if it was a good choice? or should i have gotten a plain electric or plain acoustic, and is there a difference in sound at all?

To be quite truthful accoustic and electro accoustic besses are not very popular, unamplified they usualy sound like a detuned guitar with poor sound level output, amplified, well you may as well have bought and elctric bass in the first place.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Personally, I think that acoustic-electric basses are the biggest ripoffs in the world of bass playing. There's a reason upright basses are huge, it's so you can hear them from more than a few feet away... Amplified, you may as well have just bought an electric bass. Practice amps and headphone amps are MUCH more practical and useful, not to mention more portable than an acoustic bass. Cheaper, too.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410