Ok, I was just wondering; why does the Marshall MG series get so much crap? I've been doing some research, and this is a pretty sick amp to be a SS. I have the MG250DFX and with my POD XT Live it sounds almost exactlly like a tube amp. So why the crap? I feel like I have to sell this and go out and buy a tube amp just to get some respect.
RESPECT THE MG!
Just delete this thread, you're gonna be pegged a troll and flamed.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
nahhh but il give you respect for skating. i skate too.....haha toy machine for life =D

got fakie tres on lock the other day.
Because they're made cheap, aren't reliable and sound horrible. I haven't even heard it with your POD and I can tell you now that it dosn't sound like a tube amp, esspecially a higher end tube amp. Nobodys making you sell anything, but I'm sure you'll have it up for grabs once you sit down for a while and fiddle with a nice amp.
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Just delete this thread, you're gonna be pegged a troll and flamed.

Lol, Have you even played the amp? Just wondering.
And I just wanna see the thoughts on the MG250.
If you have never played the amp, your oppinion doesn't matter.
THANK YOU
Quote by Sonic Soundwave
nahhh but il give you respect for skating. i skate too.....haha toy machine for life =D

got fakie tres on lock the other day.

lol fakie tres? mmmm learnt them when i was 12
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Used a Marshall MG30DFX for a few months, thinking I had awesome tone. Then I plugged into a tube amp and wept bitterly.

Not trying to disrespect you personally but you're missing out on a world of beautiful music by limiting yourself with the MG.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
i've played the amp. it was nothing special AT ALL. it doesn't deserve to have a Marshall badge on it, maybe they should replace that logo with 'Lyon' or something, then reduce the retail price by 25-40%. THEN no one would care much about its existence.

the tone is sterile....with FX it sounds decent and sometimes even nice...but never 'great'. IMO of course
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by bucketmark
lol fakie tres? mmmm learnt them when i was 12

Big +1.
Now I kinda miss skating.
i've played some, and i wasnt really a fan, however it wasnt the 250. for starter amps, they are great. however, they are not the best in the tone department, as i have found there sound dry, and you are left lacklustered after a while (or at least i was). they do take pedals decently, though. the craftsmanship for them is quite sub-par (bad machine solders, shoddy building materials, but what else do you expect from a cheaply mass-produced product?)

but, for the beginning guitarist, they are great.
Yeah I'm actually going to Guitar Center tomorrow to check out some tube amps. Any suggestions for a tube amp under... $800? Preferable a combo, don't want to carry around the heavy stack gear.