Page 1 of 2
Me and my girlfriend have gotten really close recently, and are coming up on 5 years. Since I play guitar and what not, what do you guys think i should do? Play her favorite song?
Buy her jewelry?

Open to suggestion.

I know I'm gonna get some shit, but I'll give you a free right to make fun of me, just leave my girlfriend out of it.

Appreciated =D
Play her favorite jewelry and buy her a guitar.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Play her favorite jewelry and buy her a guitar.

I'll admit that was funny.
Serenade her with her favorite love song or something.
Or a song you wrote.
Jewelry... Depends on whether or not she's that kind of girl I guess.

Just don't outshine yourself cause if you love this girl and plan on being with her, don't do something too amazing just yet otherwise everything else you do will seem like crap in comparison.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
To the guy who said don't do anything too amazing that I won't be able to top-I've heard that alot but I'm never sure if it was true. But thanks for the heads up, I've done some amazing things for her in the past, but not things I can't top easily.
Just marry the wench and pop out a few kids already, GOSH.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by ChrisL120
We're both 16 guys XD

Jesus Christ that's old. You wait any longer and she won't be able to have any.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
You can never go wrong with diamonds!

Just don't be cheap about it. Take that leap of faith/love/momentary insanity and spend some money. She'll appreciate it
Quote by jmilli2
I'm sure after 5 years of seeing this girl you know what she wants better than a random pit monkey.

Maybe, but I just want ideas. If i get an idea I can relate it to her and make it more of a logically based thing.

Example: Buy her jewelery, I could buy her a ring with her birth stone in it or even a necklace.
Cut off a body part and give it to her. It worked for van Gogh, and by worked I mean failed miserably.
Yup. Everyone's suprised by that.

And about the body part, they weren't able to have kids after that...[Family guy Reference]
play her something
i suggest one of her favourite songs rather than your own
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Buy her a searchbar so she can find the relationship thread.

....what? fine!!! buy her a promise ring. I bought one for mine and she loves it and has gotten compliments on it from random ppl (it's white gold with 3 small diamonds in it). Some think it's an engagement ring but oh well... it's not like it's that far from happening
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Wait hey, you've been dating for 5 years and you've only recently gotten close?
Like did you guys have a falling out or something? Or were you just never that close?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm really curious. So don't read that with a negative tone.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
haha, your right I'm sorry I really should've put this there, but thank you for not reporting this. Next time if I look for something like this i'll go to that thread.

I don't really have a job an I'm pretty much flat broke. So i'm not sure about the diamonds
Write a song. Even if it's not too good, and it's really simple, chicks really dig that.
The whole music thing does it for girls.
Do that, and buy her some nice jewellery too.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by ChrisL120

I don't really have a job an I'm pretty much flat broke. So i'm not sure about the diamonds

Then just give her your unconditional love...

(penis)

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
ok i did this for my gf of 2 years, hen we were together, buy her a ring with your initials engraved in them(both yours and hers)
then a doezen roses, 11 real, 1 fake, with a card that says "ill love you till the last rose dies"
trust me, ull be gettin laid
my advice.... stay away from rings for the moment. can easily be interpreted as a proposal, and you may expose some cracks in your relationship you don't want too address. a necklace on the other hand, is classy and cannot be taken the wrong way. also, a song about her is a good idea, and if you really want to tug on the old heartstrings, a collage of photos of you guys together. chicks love that crap haha. best of luck buddy

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by x_thurston_x
Just don't outshine yourself cause if you love this girl and plan on being with her, don't do something too amazing just yet otherwise everything else you do will seem like crap in comparison.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Continually show her that you care and the big things become welcome surprises and it doesn't matter if some are bigger than others.
Quote by ChrisL120
haha, your right I'm sorry I really should've put this there, but thank you for not reporting this. Next time if I look for something like this i'll go to that thread.

Eh sorry kinda late

I still wanted to recommend something though for making up to the reporting. I'd still go for the promise ring. She'll love it since it's jewelry... but most important she'll appreciate the meaning behind it.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by darkrikku
ill love you till the last rose dies

Well...did you?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by darkrikku
ok i did this for my gf of 2 years, hen we were together, buy her a ring with your initials engraved in them(both yours and hers)
then a doezen roses, 11 real, 1 fake, with a card that says "ill love you till the last rose dies"
trust me, ull be gettin laid

this is great advice that shouldn't be overlooked. make sure to point out that the rose is fake though haha. One of my mates did this, and she took it as he would break up with her when they died. She didn't talk to him for a while after that

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by ChrisL120
Yup. Everyone's suprised by that.

And about the body part, they weren't able to have kids after that...[Family guy Reference]

Well by no means is that normal my friend. The last thing most guys want at age 11 is a girl.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
The last thing most guys want at age 11 is a girl.

I did...

They were so tight back then...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
HAHA, that's awesome. the Anyone else but you song. She's not a big fan of that sorta music but I know she'd like it if we watched the movie first.
...Um...11 We were in 7th grade. Y'know middle school? Unless you're gay I don't see why you wouldn't want a girlfriend that age.
Quote by Low_End_Rocker
this is great advice that shouldn't be overlooked. make sure to point out that the rose is fake though haha. One of my mates did this, and she took it as he would break up with her when they died. She didn't talk to him for a while after that

hey but man it totally works
trust me,
but before this thread closes, any other girl advice not just for him, but for anyone in general?
lets see if we can make this a good thread
Quote by ChrisL120
Me and my girlfriend have gotten really close recently, and are coming up on 5 years. Since I play guitar and what not, what do you guys think i should do? Play her favorite song?
Buy her jewelry?

Open to suggestion.

I know I'm gonna get some shit, but I'll give you a free right to make fun of me, just leave my girlfriend out of it.

Appreciated =D

You've been together 5 years yet you've only gotten close recently...
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Ok so I worded that wrong.

I mean we've just begun getting closer then we ever have before [if that makes sense]
Quote by ChrisL120
...Um...11 We were in 7th grade. Y'know middle school? Unless you're gay I don't see why you wouldn't want a girlfriend that age.

Explain to me why you would want a gf at age 11.
Quote by darkrikku
hey but man it totally works
trust me,
but before this thread closes, any other girl advice not just for him, but for anyone in general?
lets see if we can make this a good thread

There's plenty of that in the Relationship Thread.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Explain to me why you would want a gf at age 11.

Maybe, because you know, he liked girls and wanted a girlfriend?

But that's crazy. Nobody wants to mate with the opposite sex. They just want to have hot, steamy gay sex.
Quote by InvaderTSN
But that's crazy. Nobody wants to mate with the opposite sex. They just want to have hot, steamy gay sex.

I'm not a big fan of male sexual organs.So no thank you on that end.
Page 1 of 2