have software on my computer and i have a little thing that goes on the end of the guitar lead so it goes into the micro[hone jack. But it doesnt come up as any input kind of options. When i log in it says something about software which i dont have, never got.

so is there any program or something that will pick it up?
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
First of all. MetalxCore you little scene poofta, if you have no idea what your on about, go to the pit and make fart jokes.

also, You might have to open the program and try and set it up IN the program. also you could try in control panel the Keyboards Speakers/Mic's section.

anyway, have fun mate, unless it dosent work, then i dunno
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
get a POD, or a similar pre amp, then i'll work. I use that config through my POD XT sometimes
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
Check if your sound mixer has your mic in muted and if the software you are using is linked to your mic in.

In any event, I guuuuurantee that will sound like shit, even if you sold your soul to the devil for god-like tone, your guitar -> computer will sound like shit. That is quite a sound idea of running your guitar into your computer, but not the best way.

That's even before we talk about the interference, latency and sensitivity issues of the mic in.

The mic in is not designed to handle guitar inputs.

Please, do your ears and favour and get one of these....

http://www.usbband.com/rockfrog.htm

It come with the driver and amp simulation software... less hassle, less issues.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Dude you need a pre-amp. Without one u either get shitty sound or you will blow up ur soundcard.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Dude you need a pre-amp. Without one u either get shitty sound or you will blow up ur soundcard.

u mean something like "amplitude?"
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
Yeah, you need a pre-amp. The signals directly from the pickups are very weak, far too weak for a sound card to broadcast. Either buy one of those devices already shown, or plug the output from your amp (headphone jack) through the same method.
i dunno ive managed to do it before with a pre amp

as long as you trn on your mic input via sound options i control panel it should work
then you can add effects like overdriveon the computer or from pre amp

i have done it before recording

so dont call ppl retared puffters for it
tossers
know of any good free pre amps? or does anyone wanna get rid of one?
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
Last edited by toeinator at Oct 30, 2008,