Gibson burstbucker pro and a Gibson 59' Classic Plus

i play Hard Rock and Blues rock.

would these suit what i want to play?

im happy with my amp and amp tone i just want to refine that further so please dont suggest a new amp or anything.

i just want to no your opinions on these pickups

Jamie.

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
Don't you mean the 57 classic plus? There are much better pickups out there for the money. A duncan 59 and pearly gates would give you similar tone for a lot less money.

That said, if you want to play hard rock I'd stay away from alnico 2 in the neck. I'd probably go with alnico 3 in the neck simply because it has the same great sustain but doesn't get muddy like alnico 2. My blackback is a good option for this, but another good option would be to get a duncan 59 and swap the magnet for an alnico 3. In the Bridge you might as well go with something with a bit more balls. Something around 9K with alnico an alnico 5 magnet would be good and have a nice early 60's vibe but if you bump the DCR up a bit you can get tighter thicker blues tone and/or you can get more drive for your hard rock. For this the best option would be my warm gorilla fist (very clear and defined for leads) or my warm heritage (a bit more spongy and warm) or on a budget you could go with a seymour duncan custom 5.

At the end of the day, Gibson charges a lot of money for a name and you can get the same tone elsewhere for a lot less money, or for about the same price (maybe a touch more) you can get significantly better tone.
Not taking any online orders.
thanks for your reply!
its about the first decent reply iv ever had on here!
so yeah, thanks

all that what you said there sounds abit complicated, so is there anyway without having to mod the pickups, that i can get the sound that ima after?
cause im after a really vintage sorta tone with great crunch!

thanks again

jamie.

Gear:
-Tokai Les Paul Custom w/ Seymour Duncan Custom Custom & Pearly Gates
-Westfield B200
-Ibanez GRG170DXL

-VOX AD30VT
-Fender MD-20
-Marshall MG15DFX

Dunlop Cry Baby
-Digitech RP70
If you lean more to the classic rock side then the 9K(ish) bridge is probably better.

The easierst (and IMO best sounding) is to get one of my blackback neck pickups and a silverback bridge pickup. If you are in the US I can probably get you an extra good deal due to the dramatic drop in the value of the British Pound over the last couple weeks. If you are in the UK then my prices are already lower than Gibson's anyway.

If I thought there was a better option for you then I would point it out. If you read my posts you will see that I recomend other brands of pickups all the time, but this time, I think my pickups are your best option.
Not taking any online orders.