My father gave this beautiful martin and co archtop guitar.However, I can not find any information about it. I want to say it was made around the 50-60's. It has original everything! Anyone have a clue on the model and possible price range of this beauty?
i don't know how helpful this is but kurt cobain had a martin drednought bodied guitar with the same pickups (yes, i know, its strange), or at least they look the same. apparently his was a late '50s era...

probably means nothing though. Google the model name? or does it not have one?

Is it just my imagination or are you SenorSmiley with a new account to get past the ban?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Nah, Senor liked to brag about the deals he got and about how it was worth thousands of dollars...

Anyway, I believe that is a mid 60s model, though the name/number escapes me.

Hmm, I THINK Kurt's was an electro acoustic, not a semi-hollow, but I could be wrong there. It's been a long time since I looked that up.
Quote by CJRocker
Nah, Senor liked to brag about the deals he got and about how it was worth thousands of dollars...

Anyway, I believe that is a mid 60s model, though the name/number escapes me.

Hmm, I THINK Kurt's was an electro acoustic, not a semi-hollow, but I could be wrong there. It's been a long time since I looked that up.

it was a traditional acoustic only with electro-magnetic pickups, but these pickups apparently sounded crap due to the fact it was an acoustic guitar with acoustic strings so he got a piezo pickup installed in the bridge.

edit: also, i think its the same guy, seems convenient that a guy with "smiley" in his name with a vintage martin archtop should appear right after senorsmiley got perma-banned. I never had a problem with the guy anyway once he stopped all the trolling threads, except that he would single out certain users and just pick on them until they lose their temper and flame the hell out of him, then act like the victim. if its not the same guy, nvm. actually, even if it is the same guy, nvm
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 30, 2008,
Haha nah man im not whoever you are speaking of. Doc Smiley is a hemp clothing. Anyways, ill look for a serial number tonight and see what I can find.