Page 1 of 3
just heard this. he is gonna do the 4 special episodes next year but when they do the full series in 2010 it wont be him.
early contenders for the role are as follows. with odds

Paterson Joseph - 3-1
David Morrisey - 5-1
James Nesbitt - 6-1
John Simm - 8-1
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Nice! We're going to have a black doctor who?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I don't know any of these guys but David Tennant just rocked as The Doc.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
i bet there will be loads of stuff about getting a woman to do it, they say a woman could do it every time the job is available. #i doubt john simm will be able to do it as he played the master and it wouldnt be right for him to do it. if he hadnt been the master he would be my first choice

Quote by _bacon_

naww i liked him.

james nesbitt, id like to see that
Quote by mh400nt

"Emo Gay"

"Normal Gay"

But where do My Chemical Romance fit in

Haven't heard of any of those guy. never seen Doctor Who but David Tennant is the business.
RULE BRITANNIA
No, you MUST be wrong!

He said he'd stay until the end of 2009! He's in the MOVIE! He HAS to stay!

I think I'm hyperventilating. And Paterson Joseph has already played a different character in the show.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Oct 30, 2008,
NOOOOOOOOO! Oh no, wait a minute....I stopped watching this series. Anyway, I remember everyone feeling the same when Christopher Eccleston quit. And who remembers him now? The next doctor will come along and everyone will forget David Tennant. It's the vicious cycle of being the most socially acceptable geek on television, I'm afraid.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
NOOOOOOOOO! Oh no, wait a minute....I stopped watching this series. Anyway, I remember everyone feeling the same when Christopher Eccleston quit. And who remembers him now? The next doctor will come along and everyone will forget David Tennant. It's the vicious cycle of being the most socially acceptable geek on television, I'm afraid.

the only reason everyone forgot eccleston was cos he only did it for 1 series and didnt get any awards and wasnt a critics favourite. everyone like david tennant

Quote by _bacon_

Who?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Eccleston was shit, he overacts too much. He actually manages to make drinking tea seem like the holocaust.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by WARLOCK123
the only reason everyone forgot eccleston was cos he only did it for 1 series and didnt get any awards and wasnt a critics favourite. everyone like david tennant

this
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Those odds fail, I'm already signing my contract for the first next series, 10 episodes!
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Eccleston was shit, he overacts too much. He actually manages to make drinking tea seem like the holocaust.

And David Tennant doesn't? Although I agree, drinking tea with Mr Eccleston could lead to a nervous breakdown, I don't think that David Tennant is any better. And at least Christopher Eccleston gets to play character's with his own accent
Bill Nighy for the ****ing win!

He may be older but by hell he'll bring the show what it's been lacking.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

didnt james nesbitt play the commodore in POTC?
Dear diary.

Today I stuffed some dolls full of dead rats I put in the blender.

I'm wondering if, maybe, there really is something wrong with me.
Yeah, he does. All the guys TS listed a hideous. I don't think they'll be as amusing, either.
XIAOXI
Quote by Abunai X
Yeah, he does. All the guys TS listed a hideous. I don't think they'll be as amusing, either.

If you only watched doctor who because David Tennant is hot, why don't you just watch his whole back-catalogue?

You're wrong anyway.

And Paterson Joseph is really funny.

John Simm is a bit of a babe too.

None of them are 'hideous'...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by WARLOCK123
i bet there will be loads of stuff about getting a woman to do it, they say a woman could do it every time the job is available. #i doubt john simm will be able to do it as he played the master and it wouldnt be right for him to do it. if he hadnt been the master he would be my first choice

yeah but they could be some cool plot reason for why!
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
my sister will be devistated.

As to the new doctor I'd like to see it done by David Walliams. Or David Threlfall playing him alot like Frank Gallagher.

EDIT: I hope John Simm doesnt do it. I'd hate to see him typecast. I hated seeing David Tennant typecast- he was really good in Blackpool (before he did Dr. Who), and I really like John Simm in Life on Mars (Though I'd hate for him to do that forever as well).
Last edited by guy_tebache at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I couldn't stand David Tennant. I'd like to see a black doc .

Same. All he does is shout through his teeth when he gets an epiphany at the end. Bring back Tom Baker

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I know who should be the next doctor!

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by blynd_snyper
GTFO. Now.

I SAID NOW!
Though I do agree, a black doctor would be epic.

I'm terribly sorry but I actually can't stand his acting

He always has that stupid expression of huge surprise on his face and it pisses me off...
To those who say that so and so can't play the Doctor because he's already appeared in the show.

Collin Baker played Commander Maxil in the old Doctor Who before playing the Doctor...

My Doctor Who skills are just too good.

Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I'm terribly sorry but I actually can't stand his acting

He always has that stupid expression of huge surprise on his face and it pisses me off...

Yes, he does have that expression, and I think that's what made him pretty good, to my mind if there were a last-of-his-species-time-lord he'd be rather erratic and I thought Tennant pulled that off rather well.
If it's John Simm, then Russell T Davies is officially retarded.

I like him as an actor, but he was the Master, it'd make fuck all sense.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
tis a shame cos he was awesome. Be good to see how the 4 specials pan out tbh.

as for new candidates, I'd love to see john simm, but as he played the master it seems highly unlikely.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special