I know someone who bought an expensive guitar and because of the cost of it has not told his other half (wife), and keeps it hidden away and only plays it when she's out. I wonder how many other people have done soemthing like this?
Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez ARX140
Boss GT-6 mulit effects
Amp by Marshall
My mate got another pedal (now he has 5, 2 of which work) so he was scared to tell his dad. So I was an asshole and went "Peter! Guess what, Andrew got a new pedal!!!"

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

haha m4l666 you sod that was harsh haha

tbh I've got no need to do anything like that I make my living from guitar so I can pretty much justify anything especially since it's all tax deductable

prs custom24 here I come
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by m4l666
My mate got another pedal (now he has 5, 2 of which work) so he was scared to tell his dad. So I was an asshole and went "Peter! Guess what, Andrew got a new pedal!!!"

you're not a friend at all!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by m4l666

You are just the worst type of person.
You're*
Hopefully he's not hiding the guitar from his wife because they're in debt, and the guitar was one of the things he just HAD to get...
Quote by rastaman12
What do people usually do after they **** their sisters?
Quote by tommyt
haha m4l666 you sod that was harsh haha

tbh I've got no need to do anything like that I make my living from guitar so I can pretty much justify anything especially since it's all tax deductable

prs custom24 here I come

Just wondering, but how do you go about making your living off music? Gigging non-stop in your local area?
I just bought a DSL100 and an Engl cab and the other half doesn't know yet(amazing deal but il leave that info for the NAD thread that's forthcoming)

Im having it delivered to work so I can sly it into my studio under the cover of darkness when it gets delivered tomorrow!!
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by caraluzzo
Just wondering, but how do you go about making your living off music? Gigging non-stop in your local area?

Not as such.
I've played for agency and I worked Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.
Average at about £70 an average night, no tax on that either.
I played a show in London doing a Journey tribute band too, £430 non tax
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
my girlfriend buys me guitars. She likes different colors! haha
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
My mom doesn't know that i bought my les paul with my credit card (which i'm still paying off cuz i'm lazy to do it at once). She probably wouldn't notice if i got more pedals anyway since they're a lot...

My gf though... i had to ask her if she was ok with the guitar cuz i wanted her to back me up if i fell behind on payments since i wasn't working at the time

EDIT: She's the awesomest girl ever
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
EDIT: She's the awesomest girl ever

Yeah I know

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by caraluzzo

gigging once or twice a week bags me a couple of hundred, getting into teaching atm aswell, basically anything I fancy doing, started working for a website doing cd reviews which probably won't go anywhere but it's another thing to go on the cv haha.

There are plenty of ways to make money from music, you just have to go looking for them, personally I want to end up teaching guitar and doing session work, basically though anything that allows me to keep going while doing what I love.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Chrisiphone
Yeah I know

She'll kick ur ass if u don't shut it

yes, she's a UGer

i don't have an "other half" but i would let them know.

just yesterday i was telling a girl who went to uni saying "no relationships, i don't have time for it at uni, i want to work hard without any distractions" (but theres still a chance, say all my friends who tell me not to let go...) about all my guitars and how they rule my life. so i'd let any potential partners know in advance anyway.

Although i'll probably end up with a girl guitarist anyway - noone else would have me
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I was joking don't worry

Or was I...
<.<
>.>
Yeah I was

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Blompcube
i don't have an "other half" but i would let them know.

just yesterday i was telling a girl who went to uni saying "no relationships, i don't have time for it at uni, i want to work hard without any distractions" (but theres still a chance, say all my friends who tell me not to let go...) about all my guitars and how they rule my life. so i'd let any potential partners know in advance anyway.

Although i'll probably end up with a girl guitarist anyway - noone else would have me

except mine doesn't play any more

oh well, free strat and acoustic electric!!!

Quote by evening_crow

except mine doesn't play any more

oh well, free strat and acoustic electric!!!

even if a guitarist stops he shouldnt give away all his gear!
Quote by m4l666

just wait till you cheat on your girlfriend and Andrew knows but she doesn't...

I hope he drops you RIGHT in the doodoo
out of here
Well sort of.

I sent my wife a link to an LTD that was about $800. She grudgingly gave me approval to get it.

I then proceeded to get a $1600 Eclipse.....

DOH!!!
I tell my split personality everything.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
My girlfriend and I are planning to move in together soon and get a new place to live. I'm supposed to save money, but instead I just bought a new Jackson and she didn't say anything. I feel like she's gonna blow up about it though.... And now I am GASing for a backup guitar. I better buy it before we move in together, because after that I won't be able to spend ANY money LOL!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by Axe Murderer
Well sort of.

I sent my wife a link to an LTD that was about $800. She grudgingly gave me approval to get it.

I then proceeded to get a $1600 Eclipse.....

DOH!!!

Hahahaha that's so great. I learnt something new today.

I'm a student.
Quote by daryle_goh

even if a guitarist stops he shouldnt give away all his gear!

But it's good for me!!! I get her practice amp and two guitars.

Quote by sabbathu
My girlfriend and I are planning to move in together soon and get a new place to live. I'm supposed to save money, but instead I just bought a new Jackson and she didn't say anything. I feel like she's gonna blow up about it though.... And now I am GASing for a backup guitar. I better buy it before we move in together, because after that I won't be able to spend ANY money LOL!

oh wow this story sounds familiar..

ahem.

Quote by Noruh-Face
oh wow this story sounds familiar..

ahem.

I'm sorry

but we agreed it was my bday present!!!

i love u :]

oh, and my acoustic is still better than urs...

Quote by evening_crow

I'm sorry

but we agreed it was my bday present!!!

i love u :]

oh, and my acoustic is still better than urs...

stop ruining threads with ur loviedovyness

ur lame.
Quote by Noruh-Face
stop ruining threads with ur loviedovyness

ur lame.

Psh...

u don't like me being nice to u?

u hate me...

uhhh...since I'm not in school and I just work 5-6 days a week my dad was lecturing me about saving money up.

I said yes so he'd get off of my case, 2 days ago I went to him and said "hey dad, guess what! I did what you told me to and next friday I'll have saved up atleast 800$" "

my dad replied "that's great josh"

I then said "Oh yeah I forgot to mention I saved it up so I can buy a new guitar "

I thought he was gonna flip out cause my first two pay checks i spent on band equipment within a day (Amp, and a PA system)...but he should have known better than too actually beleive a 17 year old kid without bills to pay and with a guitar obsession is actually gonna save up for a car or something...
Quote by evening_crow
Psh...

u don't like me being nice to u?

u hate me...

I'm loving it! Don't stop guys.....

We're enjoying this....LOL!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
My purchase happened right infront of my gf. I was online and looking up CL and Kramer Forum classifieds on their site, then it happened. There she was, a beautiful black 1983 Kramer Pacer Special, it was the one I've been waiting for for a long time muahahaha.

Well when my gf saw I was emailing the guy that I want to buy it I got an earful at first about how I already have a guitar etc etc. So I explained her the story of why I want this one and used the "...its a vintage, it won't lose its value" routine and she's cool with it now. Mind you she can play acoustic guitar and is pretty good. You just gotta use the right approach thats all and don't get too defensive By the way, heres my new purchase though I still have not received it yet.....

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
DSOTM80, congrats on your purchase... most important, congrats on having a cool gf.

lucky us hah...

heh yea lucky us. She is cool though, funny thing is she says "If you played as much as you drool over guitars you'd be amazing" Sad thing is she's right not that I'd be amazing but the fact that I should play more rather then drool over guitar pictures and videos
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst