Page 1 of 2
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/microsoft-offers-reward-for-missing-xbox-gamer/1260470

alright i think this is absolutely ridiculous IMO. i had my NES and SNES taken away from my brother and I plenty of times as punishment, and we never ran away from home like the world didn't love us anymore. we loved playing video games, but we also loved not getting our asses beat...so it makes me wonder if the kids' parents are the kind that figure minimal physical punishment is best....which if it is then so be it, not my kids ha.

it's good that the kid could bond with people online and stuff, but when internet friends are more of an impact on your life than the ones right around you, i think the parents had every right to take away the system. i hope he's found though, even if he is acting completely absurd for having his game taken away.

did any of you, UG, run away when you had a toy or game taken away? i can honestly say that i never did under any circumstance...but that was mainly b/c i was scared that when they found me or i came home, they'd beat my ass big time. opinions on the subject as a whole? do you think the increasing realism of video games is making kids more and more out of touch with the real world?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
definetely. I can imagine some kid, whos been playing Road Rage or something his whole life, learning to drive and thinking its OK to smash through somebodys back yard and hit whatever gets in his way just to get somewhere.

In otherwords: GO OUTSIDE AND DO SOMETHING, FATASSES!!!!!!!!!

sorry....
Oh man, that kid has froze to death by now, I'm in windsor ontario, 5 hours south of Barrie and it's just above freezing, I heard they already got snow up there.

Anyways, kid's a moron, needs to man up.

That's like cutting his legs off

maybe they should have cut his legs off.............

on a serious note i hope they find him soon,
Bam
His identity?

How sad can a person get? And he's 15!?

WOW.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Spoilt...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i'm glad we're on the same page here...i really think it's a whole level of sad that i'm glad i've never been on. i mean, i know back in the days of just NES and Sega genesis and gameboy/gamegear, there were a lotta kids that stayed shacked up in their rooms playing video games all day...but nowadays the games are just getting more and more creative and surreal....creating an alternate universe for these kids to escape from real life. which is good and terrible at the same time for obvious reasons.

it angered me months ago when i was in church (evening service, but no less meaningful than a morning service mind you) and saw in the pew in front of me a kid playing with a PSP while all the adults and such were listening to the sermon. i mean, COME ON! it's getting to the point where parents these days have to buy their kids video game systems to keep them occupied. and they have to buy the portable systems just so their kids don't bug them while on trips or doing errand where the kids have to be with them. it's just ridiculous.

now that i look back, i appreciate the restrictions my grandparents had on my brothers and i when it came to video games, which was: we couldn't play on school nights. only on weekends/breaks/etc. and we were limited to like two hours at a time, sometimes more sometimes a little less. we learned to appreciate it ...that's for sure...it drove us nuts sometimes...but we also didn't rely on them for primary entertainment. and even when we got into high school and slowly started getting freedom with how much we played, i never let it get that kind of control of me. my bro kinda did....he's spent quite a penny on video games and therefor burnt out on them very quick lol. anyway, i think yall kinda get my point.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Now, Brandon's father says he just wants his son to come home.
that bit got me.
Correction:
Having idiot kids could lead to their death.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

i laughed at the people who "appreciated" their parents rules. talk about being full of shit.

to each his own, the kid must've loved video games. it's sad to see that many of you don't understand what true passion and love is.

so sad.
Quote by metaldud536
Agreed. Teenagers can be some of the most stupidest animals sometimes.

yes because adults don't deal with gambling problems and alcoholism and the like.

i would go with humans can be some of the most stupid animals.
with a name like 'nintendo_ds' i wouldn't expect you to be on my side of the argument ha. and yes i DO appreciate their rules, NOW anyway. i hated them back then, but now i see that it allowed me to not latch on to video/computer games so much and forget about the real world. for some people, they can easily seperate equal time for games, and then easily come back to the real world when need be. but what about those who have to practically be dragged from their television set, scratching and clawing? i think that in a lot of cases, it can be related to how early the child is exposed to video gaming, b/c at a really young age a typical kid will spend so much time doing things he/she can't, on a video game, and by the time they hit the age where they can do some of the things you get to do in video games (i'm talking legal things, not GTA or killing people) they figure, why should they? they already get that in a video game.

i'm not gonna try to convince people that that's how it works, it's just my generalized theory, different people have different personalities, so there's no way that this would apply to every kid. but in my theory it would apply to the majority.

and a true passion should be something along the lines of creating something unique or somewhat original. or recreating something with your own feeling and soul (such as covering a favorite song)....i find it to be sad when video games are a person's ONLY hobby/passion. unless they're designing them or somehow involved in creating them.

and correction to both metaldud and nintendo_ds....we're mammals. animal like instincts maybe, but we're mammals. but yes, teenagers generally are the dumbest of all people, and most self centered i'd say.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by nintendo ds
yes because adults don't deal with gambling problems and alcoholism and the like.

i would go with humans can be some of the most stupid animals.

But I would think those kinds of problems are more serious than video game addiction and I don't think adults run away from home for having their consoles taken away very often.
^lol....if they're still living with their parents they do!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
when i was around 10 planed to run away but never followed through
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
^what was your reason for not going through with it? and why were you running away?

i wonder if your reason for not running away was the same as mine lol....people can laugh if they want but my gpa is a lil over 6 ft tall and 300 lbs, i wouldn't risk pissing him off even now, that he's like 72.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I remember that little bitch, he shot me like, 40 times in one game.
I got my revenge though...
Quote by GmacD
when i was around 10 planed to run away but never followed through

me too!

Quote by slash_rocks2005
^lol....if they're still living with their parents they do!

The most serious case I've heard about video game addiction was some 23-30 year old who lived with his parents who was spending way too many hours playing this online game similar to WoW. He was sent to rehab. He was doing good until he got a job, saved his money for a new pc, then rented an apartment and locked himself in there for several days. Apparently he met another player (woman) and he wanted to marry her through the game but she refused so he shot himself.
mudmen, your avatar brings back the happiest of gaming memories and makes me want to cream my pants while using my super missles to unlock the secret path to Cred's lair....

and metaldud, that's sad as sad gets lol....
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
mudmen, your avatar brings back the happiest of gaming memories and makes me want to cream my pants while using my super missles to unlock the secret path to Cred's lair....

and metaldud, that's sad as sad gets lol....

Who the **** is Cred?
If the son wasn't idiot, or the parents knew how to actually limit kids in the first place, it wouldn't.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Anyone who has "had their personality changed" as a result of playing videogames, should reevaluate their life, and just to be on the safe side, should never reproduce.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
take that "non-violent" punishment!

if you would have falcon-punched the kid for not eating his peas he wouldn't have run away!
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
^+f*ckin' 10000000

and mudmen i meant Kraid....wow i really screwed that up trying to sound it out haha.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Well obviously he was a champion at hide and seek before he turned to Call of Duty.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
He probably just went to Ironforge to repair.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
...In other news, scientists discovered today that stupidity is in fact contagious. They are recommending that you avoid going outside any more than is necessary, and consult your local GP immediately. The epidemic that has been sweeping the country looks as though it will oney g3at worzze OO FUCK iVE CAAAUUGHT IT. lolz.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
...In other news, scientists discovered today that stupidity is in fact contagious. They are recommending that you avoid going outside any more than is necessary, and consult your local GP immediately. The epidemic that has been sweeping the country looks as though it will oney g3at worzze OO FUCK iVE CAAAUUGHT IT. lolz.

Don't post next to me then, for God's sake!
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Has no-one else thought that there might be something underlying this? That his X-Box being take away wasn't the only or even the 'real' reason he ran away?

For all we know he could have been being abused and that was the real reason for his apparent change of personality, and it was only linked to the game because whatever real even triggered this happened at around the same time as he got the game.

Of course, as I don't know the lad, and know only what I'm told by the media of this case, he could simply be that sad, but I don't think this is the only reason he left. Think about why he started playing 24/7 in the first place, he must have been having some sort of problems at school or elsewhere. I know if I started acting like that my friends would slap me and make me wake up.

tl;dr I don't think the game is the real reason he ran away.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
but yes, teenagers generally are the dumbest of all people, and most self centered i'd say.

hey

nah, i get your point. we tend to act quickly, lack patience, and be as self destrucitve as possible.
I ran away once. I packed a bag, walked to the end of my street turned around and went home. Of course I was five, not 15.

It seems ridiculous that somebody over the age of 12 ran away because they got their video games taken away. The sad thing is when they find him his parents will probably buy him every game he wants.

Hope he's okay.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by jgbsmith
tl;dr I don't think the game is the real reason he ran away.

I agree. I've overreacted to simple things like that before because other things were pissing me off. His parents wouldn't necessarily know what fucked him up in the first place, but they'd do well not to take this at a face value.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I love how everyone is blaming it on the game instead of the idiot kid who decided to run away for a stupid reason. . .
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
He is being raped at this very moment....
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by daryldom
I love how everyone is blaming it on the game instead of the idiot kid who decided to run away for a stupid reason. . .

Oh no, I blame the parents, then the wuss of a kid, then the parents again, then the kid.
"It smells like semen and Vicks in here!"

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Join
Fight Club
"this is bob, bob has bitch tits"
that's a great idea to get a lot of money tbh.

get your friend to go missing for 2 weeks, make sure there's a 50,000 reward, then call and find him.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Page 1 of 2