hey, I've had an Ibanez Destroyer for almost 3 years now, its the best guitar ive ever owned, but i am tired of the bolt on the jack always coming loose after extensive play. basically im tired of always checking to see if it's loose after removing a cable, it has never officially come off or anything (probably because i keep checking it) but how do i fix this for good?
Get yourself some blue Loctite threadlocker put a small dab on the threads of the nut. Hold the jack from the inside and tighten it back on. Make sure you use either the blue or green stuff not the red. the red is permanent and requires heat to remove it.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
The plastic jack plates come loose alot easier than the metal ones. But blu locktite and tightening it with the proper tools does the trick.
locking washer added under the nut.

if loctite is a little expensive for you, try swapping a little clear nail varnish on the threads too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I just tightened the shit out of mine and it hasnt come loose for about four months now. Tightening it too much might damage it though so be careful
^only if you dont hold the jack from the inside while tightening the nut on the outside.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

fingers.. lol so is it possible to like unscrew and take the jack out? like a good idea? any sites that you can link me to?
Just take that faceplate around the jack off and hold the jack so it doesn't twist while you tighten the nut real tight. There's really no need to direct you to a site because it's really simple.
D:
Signature.
take it to my guitar center. i did that with my epi sg, and they gave me a $150 upgrade for free
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks! i needed this tread so bad. I was this || close to snapping one of those wires
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62