Does anyone know the damages cold can have on gear?

Basically my band plays in our garage and we keep our amps and drums in there. No guitars or anything like that, just the electronic side of the gear. But now it's getting cold, and I'm wondering how long I can keep it out there before we have to move our practice space inside to a tiny 6' by 8' room....

We've got two bass amps, two guitar heads and a half stack. Does the cold really cause harm to that kind of gear? I know it will warp the hell out of your guitar, but don't know about amps and stuff.

I think it will be ok for maybe another month tops but I really don't know and that's why I'm asking you guys.
Well there shouldn't be any real danger, but if they are tube amps, let them heat up for longer. I'd try to get heating for the room though.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
wood can expand with different levels of moisture and temperatures but... honestly, i doubt it would change enough for you to care. unless you have EXTREMELY expensive instruments. otherwise though, i doubt its too bad.
fck.
i have a question, i dont ever have heating in my room, temps arent exactly extreme in england like around 0 centigrade minimum, is my guitar alright because the house still keeps my room warmish
Cool this is good to hear, I'm in Cincinnati and the temperature around here is dropping to in between 30-40 degrees at night, I was starting to worry.
Pretty much everything has been stated...

Keep guitars out of extreme cold and moist climates.

Tube amps will need to be warmed up to room tempature before turned on and when turned off they need to be cooled down at room tempature. So bring the amp inside for 30 minutes to an hour take it out side and turn it on and for cool down turn it off and bring it inside. But be sure not to be to aggressive or you might crack the tubes because they will still me hot.

Basiclaly I wouldnt keep me gear in a cold garage or want to keep moving my gear anytime I wanted to play... But ya gotta do what ya gotta do...
Quote by sixstringdfreak
Well I have a line 6 spider 150 solid state amp, so I guess I don't have to worry too much.

Except bad tone, zing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Except bad tone, zing.

It's not that bad actually, Line 6 has come quite a ways with their sound...
Except that amp, which is basically a half stack practice amp. There are plenty of amps for that amount of money that sound loads better and are more than load enough to gig.
lets not turn this into a bash-the-spider-thread, please. I think it has to get below freezing for there to be too many issues, exept maybe for condensation.
Quote by SVStee
lets not turn this into a bash-the-spider-thread, please. I think it has to get below freezing for there to be too many issues, exept maybe for condensation.

That's all I'd be worried of, but as long as you don't take it inside it shouldn't happen. Now, with a tube amp you'd have to bring it inside so the tubes didn't crack from extreme temp changes.
Drums can warp in cold temps, get em' out of there.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

amps can withstand pretty cold temperatures. i've had a couple amps and my drumset in my garage for about 2 years now and they're still fine.

the drums come out of tune after a while, but it's good to tune them anyway.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by gtr_101
Drums can warp in cold temps, get em' out of there.

Thank you.

The drums might warp, then they'd sound like shit no matter if you tuned them properly with fresh heads or not.

Tell your drummer his drums might assplode if he let's them freeze to death.
Cool, thanks a lot for all your help guys I really appreciate it.

I'll probably keep the stuff in there for the majority of November, then when it gets real cold suffer through the pains of a cramped practice space for a couple months until it warms up again.