Anyone who owns this firewire interface? I´m thinking of bying one, but I´ve heard that the headphone output is very weak. Is this true? Is there anything else that is bad with this device?
I own two of them. The headphone output is fine on mine. I only use the headphones for playback while recording extra tracks using the mics. If I'm recording bass or something else off the direct in, I have the Line Outs run to a small stereo receiver with speakers.

Works for me!!

Tony
Headphone outs' are not weak, no way. It's a solid interface with good preamps.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Just been checking out the specs on the presonus site and the Inspire 1394 seems quite a nifty little bit of kit! I quite like the idea of a software interface for gaining and leveling your inputs, though some might miss dials and physical controls.

Quote by Musicman_91
Thanks! That sounds great!

Is it really possible to record 4 different channels at once?

As far as i can gather from the presonus website and product descriptions, entirely. Another thing i like about this unit is the daisy chaining idea.
It has two channels, with two inputs per channel.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
It has two channels, with two inputs per channel.

But I´ve been to 2 musicstores and one claims that you can record 4 channels at once.

the other one claims that you can record 2 at once...

The website says: "The Inspire 1394 is a revolutionary FireWire Recording System featuring professional quality 24-bit/96k analog to digital conversion rate, four simultaneous inputs, software control panel as well as audio recording and production software giving you the smallest, most flexible, most affordable and all-inspiring computer recording studio ever!"

Doesn´t that say that you can record 4 at once?

But if you only can record 2 at once, can you use the 2 intrument inputs as one stereo channel and the 2 mic inputs as one stereo channel?
Quote by Musicman_91
But I´ve been to 2 musicstores and one claims that you can record 4 channels at once.
Doesn´t that say that you can record 4 at once?

But if you only can record 2 at once, can you use the 2 intrument inputs as one stereo channel and the 2 mic inputs as one stereo channel?

You can record from the XLR OR the 1/4" inputs AND the LINE IN at the same time. So yes it will do four channels that way. I have 2 Inspires to give me 4 simultaneous XLR's (plus I like the idea of having a backuup unit) if I need them, which I haven't at present but one never knows.

If you goto my Soundclick Page, all of the songs from my CD Last Sun were recorded using the Inspire, MXL 909 as body mic and either an EV PL80 or a Generis GC-1 as a neck mic. The bass was D/I into the Inspire

Tony
So i can put my mixer in the two line channels and use that as one channel? And then the two micinputs as one? Thats cool! So you can adress them together somehow?
Quote by Musicman_91
So i can put my mixer in the two line channels and use that as one channel?

No..that's 2 channels. Line In Left & Line In Right

And then the two micinputs as one? Thats cool! So you can adress them together somehow?

No that is also 2 channels, left & right.

I use Audacity for recording so it only picks up either the Line In's or the Mic channels. But with Cubase LE which comes with the Inspire, you can use all 4 inputs (2 Mic's and 2 Lines) at once.

Tony
Quote by TSMusic

I use Audacity for recording so it only picks up either the Line In's or the Mic channels. But with Cubase LE which comes with the Inspire, you can use all 4 inputs (2 Mic's and 2 Lines) at once.

Tony

But I´ve got cubase LE, so if I´m using that software I will be able to do what i said in my previous post?