So i just bought my first tube amp, im wondering how i should adjust the gain / master volume /channel volume to get a good metal tone at bedroom level?
Guitar: Ibanez RGR321 EXBK

Amp: Bugera 6260 head + 4x12 cab
randall rg50tc

Well set the channel and gain to 5 each. Then after that set the master at an appropriate volume. After that adjust the gain until it's good, match the channel volumes with eachother (so the volume is about the same on each channel) and set the master at the right level.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Just wondering if you can do the same on a single channel amp to get a decent sound of it a low volume?
Marshall jcm 800 4104 to be precise.
Just sounds fuzzy with the pre-amp set and the master volume down.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That's just the way tube amps sound when you play them at low volumes. Preamp gain is fizzy by nature. What you really ought to be doing is turning the master to 10 and dealing with the volume.
so far ive got a pretty good disturbed, metallica sound but i cant get a good like bullet for my valentine , metalcore sound, any advice on eq:ing?

Quote by al112987
That's just the way tube amps sound when you play them at low volumes. Preamp gain is fizzy by nature. What you really ought to be doing is turning the master to 10 and dealing with the volume.

+1

Al's right with that, my DSL itself can sound fizzy at low volumes, but when my parents are out I just take my DSL into the middle of the house and crank it, and there lies clarity and no fizziness.

So ryphe, if you fine-tweak your channel volume when you have the master set how you want then you can get some alright sounds, and something with isn't too fizzy. That's what I do with my DSL, and I'm guessing it would work with other amps.
im gonna try and crank my amp tommorow, just a question , my guitar is a ibanez rgr321 with INF1 and INF2 pickups, i should use the "high" input when playing with dist right?

I just noticed you made this thread just after an hour after making the exact same thing. i hope you go away from this thread with your virtual head hanging low in shame.