Well me and my friends won a competition and got ourselves some cool stuff.

Now the lead singers dad is pretty big in the music industry... and i mean VERY big [to the point that he does vocals for the leading actor in our country]

So were going to his recording studio tomorrow to record some stuff [ he has 2 recording studios in his house... NOT home studios, RECORDING studios........... ]

Some Do's Don't s and advice please?
record in layers and make sure you have someone that knows what they are doing and don't break the expensive equiptment.
DO
Take advantage of everyhting he gives you
Take your time
Enjoy yourself

DONT
Get over excited (Drooling over the mixer usually breaks it

And remeber....just be good as a band. You should be OK
Quote by luv090909
We have his sound engineer
I meant behaviour and playing wise

Don't suck would be the best advice you can get.
I'm in your forum distracting your searches.
Quote by mczack
DO
Take advantage of everyhting he gives you
Take your time
Enjoy yourself

DONT
Get over excited (Drooling over the mixer usually breaks it

And remeber....just be good as a band. You should be OK

That was helpful.... thanks alot
DO: let my band record there too ...for free
DON'T : tell me we can't record there for free

DO: play everything just how you would at practice...but better
DON'T: suck ass
Consider yourselves very lucky. Also, be VERY clear on what you need/want recorded. And I know you'll already do this, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it. Listen to what they have to say and be able to add your own input.

Best of luck to you mate, and don't let it go to your head!
Trade places with me, forfeit your dreams, and go for a brisk jog with your band...just let me get in there.

Also, have fun and soak it up. And don't settle. If you botch a take, redo it; it will forever haunt you in every playing of it in the future. And maybe your dreams.
Thanks guys...............

And i tend to get nervous while home recordings and stuff so i just hope i wont piss in my pants there.................
Any advice/words to calm me?
Abuse drugs and alcohol.

Or, rehearse the tits off of your songs before you get in there. It is calming. And wear comfy clothes.
Play as good as you can and as many times as you have to get it right, don't just settle because a particular part sounds ok, it has to be 100% perfect..

Don't let him touch you in exchange for free use of his equipment.
Quote by MyNameIsRamone
Don't shit on the floor.

I really don't know why I found that so funny.

But TS just be calm and careful with the equipment and try not to get nervous when you are playing.
Don't smoke or drink before entering. You don't want to ruin it by trying to calm yourself with those things.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
do have fun dude, it's not a thing you do every day;-)

well, some of us don't do it every day:p

...right?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
yup right lol
and i obviously wouldnt drink before a rec/ or smoke/or whatever else
well, I'd drink a glass of red wine before I'd record, if you're nervous about it. I do it before I gig, but I do not recommend it, since you are 14
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
dont record too much, focus on one song perhaps you want to record and make it perfect, its better to have 1 brilliant song than 5 half ass attempts