Page 1 of 2
so, i'm tight on cash atm and i'm thinking of giving lessons to kids beggining to play.

i'm thinking £10 per half hour? if it doesn't go well i will reduce to lower but i was wondering what should i teach them.

it would be easy just to do basic theory, chords and some tabs and stuff off the interwebz.

so, what does the pit think?
Quote by St.Loony
£10 is very cheap.

thats what i'm paying for lessons with my teacher

i am grade 6 atm for anyone who wants to know
Quote by thestonedone
£10 for an hour. Who do you think you are, Jesus?

in the musicschools here you pay a little bit more then 10 euro's for 20 minutes
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
what the hell, 10 pounds per half hour? I'd be glad with 10 pounds per hour...

I'd be glad with 10 pounds...
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
what the hell, 10 pounds per half hour? I'd be glad with 10 pounds per hour...

I'd be glad with 10 pounds...

yeah, well i don't mind going to like £5-7 but i need za MONEYZ

Quote by blynd_snyper
I'm trying the same thing at the moment but not for cash, I need to do community service (it's a school required thing, I'm not a convict) and I'm teaching the guy basic theory, some chords and some famous riffs that I know off by heart.

how much do you charge per hour/half hour?
I pay €17 for half an hour (that should be close to 13 quid)
Talk to other guitar teachers in your area, as there's usually a "general" price, out here it's about £18/hour for up to grade 8. Set price for all grades.
Quote by n to the k

i'm thinking £10 per half hour?

You are one cheap whore.

Nah, that's an ok price. That's 20 an hour which sounds very good.
Last edited by Trefellin at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by frankv
I get 7,50 euros - not pounds - per hour teaching my friend's younger brother. I feel ripped off.

you should do lol
Quote by n to the k
how much do you charge per hour/half hour?

Quote by blynd_snyper
I'm trying the same thing at the moment but not for cash, I need to do community service (it's a school required thing, I'm not a convict) and I'm teaching the guy basic theory, some chords and some famous riffs that I know off by heart.

Read.
Quote by thestonedone

I'd be happy with £10 per hour, but I guess its just down to what you're teaching.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Read.

lol, i wouldnt mind teaching for small amounts but nothing would just be a bit stupid.
Quote by n to the k
lol, i wouldnt mind teaching for small amounts but nothing would just be a bit stupid.

Quote by blynd_snyper

Read. Harder.
Quote by thestonedone

Was Jesus a guitar teacher? ... Is that where Christian Rock comes from?

*walks away in shame*
Quote by n to the k
**** school!

whats it ever done for you?

I think you should leave, the minimum age for UG is 13 and you can't be older than 12, at least mentally. If I don't do community service I don't get an IB diploma (the equivalent of A levels, or a US high school diploma) and I don't go to uni. If I don't go to uni I don't get a good job. I can either give this kid guitar lessons for free, or live on the street. Gee, tough choice. Indeed your contempt for the education system explains why I had to repost my original post 3 times until you understood.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I think you should leave, the minimum age for UG is 13 and you can't be older than 12, at least mentally. If I don't do community service I don't get an IB diploma (the equivalent of A levels, or a US high school diploma) and I don't go to uni. If I don't go to uni I don't get a good job. I can either give this kid guitar lessons for free, or live on the street. Gee, tough choice.

Or you could say fuck school, drop out and ask UG how much you should charge for guitar lessons and how you should do them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by n to the k

You =/= your teacher

£5 for half an hour seems reasonable if you've never taught before. Hell, that's almost double the minimum wage.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
How long have you been playing cause if u've been playing less than,i'd say a year and a half you shouldn't get more 10 pounds, here its anywhere from 20-40 U.S. dollars for a half hour depending on the teacher's experience and teaching skill. :stickpoke
Last edited by tukk04 at Nov 6, 2008,
Quote by aaciseric

*walks away in shame*

Yes, yes that's exactly what i meant.

But really if you've never taught before i think you should be paying the student. I mean they are giving up their free time just to give you the chance to teach them.
£10 might be a bit too high..

i pay £17.50 for 2 hours. but it is a class though with other people. i prefer it though, its better to jam and they are all good as well, so you have to keep up or u will fall behind.
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Quote by SillyRabbit
you fail at guitar and therfore cannot teach, Gooday sir.

Dear Threadstarter (n to the k),

I heard your rendition of "kryptonite". It sounds to me like you still need practice at guitar and you need to learn your timing and rhythm in songs. Therefore I must advise you NOT to partake in an activity where you are paid to teach guitar.
Quote by metaldud536

I heard your rendition of "kryptonite". It sounds to me like you still need practice at guitar and you need to learn your timing and rhythm in songs. Therefore I must advise you NOT to partake in an activity where you are paid to teach guitar.

listen to this wise man for you shall learn something
I'm about to start teaching beginners aswell, but quick question, how would you market yourself? Just word of mouth? Flyers? Any tips?
Quote by deanodon
you know your a man when youve asked your gran for nude pics

Quote by .smudged.
Sex is overrated, try World of Warcraft.

"One does not simply sweep A major 7!"
Quote by aaciseric

*walks away in shame*

No my dear metalhead, I am not the one whom created Christian Rock. That was one of the wimpier disciples. I am the one whom created those funkadelic tones heard in my body of the one they call Hendrix.
Quote by metaldud536

that was not me playing it
Well in american im paying 50$ for lessons on music theory, chords and even help with songs that i have a hard time playing i dont know what that would be equivalent too but its an hour long lesson and its once a week. Im learning alot!
JAKE
Quote by n to the k

Are you old enough to even be on this site?
Or you mean grade 6 in guitar
Quote by n to the k

well I think this pretty much means ure suitable.. good luck babes. as long as u dont call em n00bs and say: l00k at my awesome shredd0rzz!!!

not that you would want to anyway, but hey.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I don't think it is appropriate for a 6th-grader to give guitar lessons. I've never known anyone <15 years-old that was mildly decent at any sort of instrument. Ten pounds is pretty cheap, considering most teachers charge $20+ where I live for a half hour. You get what you pay for, though. [usually]
Good Deals: imgooley, pak1351
Page 1 of 2