I'm gonna be looking for an amp soon, but have no idea what would be best for me. I'm playing a Strat copy, Epi Les Paul, or my custom coffin guitar (Mahogany body, mahogany neck, no name humbuckers, Not quite finished with the build yet. ). I'm looking for a small tube amp, just large enough to hear over drums. The cheaper it is, the better it is for me, but I don't want something that sounds like crap. I would probably go to $500 max. I play bluesy type of stuff (Eric Clapton, Santana) as well as a little hard rock (Early GnR, think Sweet Child O Mine/Welcome to the Jungle).

Also, I don't have any pedals atm, is there some you'd recommend I try out? I have never fooled around with any, so I have no idea.

Thanks!
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Definitely the Classic 30. I got mine, warranty and all, new for $540. I preferred it over the Fender DeVille and HRD, and I then built a 112 extension speaker with a Jensen Mod speaker, which "rocked" up the bluesy amp tone a little. It's plenty loud for playing with drums, even live, especially with an extension speaker.

Pedals... try a Big Muff Pi, or a Boss DS-1 for distortion. I also like chorus, delay, and compression effects quite a bit.
Sorry it took so long for me to respond, I posted just before leaving for a class.

I've looked at a few reviews, and they all seem to say the Classic 30 is a great amp. And, there's one on Craigslist near me for $300 right now. Damn, wish I had that spare money now.

Any other suggestions?
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

How much is a Fender Blues Jr. over there?

That with an OD would be nice. I quite like that amp aswell. I prefer it over the Classic 30.

Oh well. Just preference.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
How much is a Fender Blues Jr. over there?

That with an OD would be nice. I quite like that amp aswell. I prefer it over the Classic 30.

Oh well. Just preference.
Most of the reviews I read made a reference to the Fender BJ (LOL) and they all said they liked the Classic 30 better. I assumed that it was generally accepted that the Classic 30 is better. I'll have to see if any stores near me have them so I can try them out.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by DuctTapeNinja
Most of the reviews I read made a reference to the Fender BJ (LOL) and they all said they liked the Classic 30 better. I assumed that it was generally accepted that the Classic 30 is better. I'll have to see if any stores near me have them so I can try them out.

Well, an advantage over the BJ (LOL agreed) is that it's quieter, and more suited for home use aswell.

Just to say.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah, that might be a good thing, but I'd like the ability to play a small gig if I need to. But I'm more interested in how they sound than how loud they are
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

How does it compare to the Classic 30 and the BJ?
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw

It's lower wattage, a 10" speaker, and can't drive a cab, but sounds pretty nice. I still say Classic 30, and I play on a Blues Jr all the time because friends have it and there's one at my local time-wasting GC
Sounds like I should go with the Classic 30, but I'm gonna at least try the BJ and the Classic 30 before buying one if I can. Thanks.
Quote by Øttər
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
Quote by MatrixClaw