Every time I use my Boss DS-1 on my amp (which is a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT if that helps), I get a sudden decrease in volume. I know that it has built in distortion, but I am playin on the clean channels it just decreases sound. I have tried turning the level up on the pedal but that doesn't do much. Can anyone help me?
Quote by 667
Check the battery.

I replaced the battery like three days ago.
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa
how big is the drop in volume?

Its likely that its more of a drop in perceived volume, which you get from a lot of distortion pedals, as the DS-1 seems to cut back the midrange a little.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yep. I agree with Blompube. If your mids and treb on a clean are high, the ds1 will cut the brightness a little and make it sound like it is softer.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
If you're leaving a cable plugged into the input jack when you're not playing it's draining the battery. Maybe that's the problem?