Alright i am going to the guitar store tomorrow or the day after (i was supposed to go today but again my ****ing work called on the last minute)

First of all my price range is 500-800$ (maybe I can stretch to 900, or so if it's amazing)

Things I am looking for

Thin/fast neck, solid body, humbuckers are prefered (Id be even happier with SD stock pups), no active pups, no V's, Warlock, etc..., I'd prefer for the body to be somewaht similar to a strat or LP

Just post whatever meats my description, I don't really care if it has 21, 22, or 24 frets...don't usually use anything past like 19 anyways.

thanks

EDIT : I'd prefer to buy new.
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by drewsta42
Schecter C-1s
used Jaguar or Jazzmaster
used SG

SG's have chunky necks i think.

I'm very interested in the C-1 classic, and +...but I can't find a dealer that has them in stock.

There's no point in getting a jag with buckers used cause they're only like 100$ less than they are new...I don't think I'll getting a jag cause i have a jagmaster already.
when you say thin/fast superstrat i automatically think ibanez/jackson, you should check some of those out. schecter necks are pretty thick.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Jackson Dinky.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by mikeyElite
when you say thin/fast superstrat i automatically think ibanez/jackson, you should check some of those out. schecter necks are pretty thick.

I don't need anything rediculously thin, i really liked the thickness of the Mustang neck, that's pretty much perfect, only reason why I'm still not 100% sold on it is cause of it's single coils.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Not interested in active pups

Looks like a good price for a gibby, but trouble is don't they have thick necks?

I'll probably try one out when I go to the shop though.

Uhh, the DK2's arent active, you get SD JB/Jazz, or a JB and 2 singles. Not thinking of the DKMG's, just the regular DK2's.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

JACKSON RHOADS!! ... but if i were you i'd get an RG ... but that's just cause im a homo.

EDIT* oh wait. rhoads are V
Quote by Swap-Meet
I was thinking about something from Ibanez, but I was told that most of their stuff doesn't have good sustain.

if you get a model without a trem it'll have better sustain.
Fender Highway One HSS Stratocaster

It's got a humbucker in the Bridge, feels great, sounds great, and looks awesome.

If I remember correctly, they run about $750
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Jackson dinkys are good, esp ltd m series are perfect, ibanez s and rg series are good, prs are good. the esp and ibanez might have the fastest necks, with jackson next.
Edit: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-non-trem-Electric-Guitar?sku=518619
Get this and dont look back...
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
Last edited by Wrathlegion at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by DeltaFunk
Fender Highway One HSS Stratocaster

It's got a humbucker in the Bridge, feels great, sounds great, and looks awesome.

If I remember correctly, they run about $750

This. Whenever I go to GC, I make a point to pick up one of these babies.
meh
The burst one with SD's.

ESP/LTD EC-1000 w/ Duncans. Nice thin ESP neck, beautiful paintjob, LP shape, Duncans, solidbody.....

A bit out of your price range...look into it though ^^

Last edited by EMGPWNS at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by EMGPWNS
The burst one with SD's.

ESP/LTD EC-1000 w/ Duncans. Nice thin ESP neck, beautiful paintjob, LP shape, Duncans, solidbody.....

A bit out of your price range...look into it though ^^

Looks cool, I'll check it out forsure, I'm gonna check out the strats, but dunno if i'll end up going that way.

I really like the way the PRS SE custom 24 looks, will try it out forsure

What is more important on a guitar Tone, or feel?

right now my look into / try out list is

Fender Mustang
Fender Jaguar
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Studio (faded maple top)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Gibson Faded SG
Gibson SG special
ESP LTD 1000
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 +
Schecter C-1 Black Jack
PRS SE
PRS SE custom 24

more to come too

man, the guitar store is gonna ****ing hate me
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by Swap-Meet

feel. tone is more the job of your amp.
Quote by Swap-Meet

Feel for sure. As people have said, you get tone from your amp, and you can always change your pickups. As long as your wood is good, there's hope.

I recommend you try out the Ibanez S Series. I'd stay away from the RGs since the non-prestiges aren't too great (*cough* trems), and the prestiges are slightly out of your budget, but be sure to check out the S470DXQM.
Quote by tigerking615
Feel for sure. As people have said, you get tone from your amp, and you can always change your pickups. As long as your wood is good, there's hope.

I recommend you try out the Ibanez S Series. I'd stay away from the RGs since the non-prestiges aren't too great (*cough* trems), and the prestiges are slightly out of your budget, but be sure to check out the S470DXQM.

Ahhh, okay cause i really like the way the LP's feel, but I really do prefer the brighter sound I have on my Jagmaster....maybe it's the SD designed pups?

trouble is I really love the LP look, so that's why I was thinking of going for something like the PRS SE (single cut)...because i've heard they're quite similar (in terms of sounding very bright) to a fender
Last edited by Swap-Meet at Oct 31, 2008,
Honestly, The Gibson SG special faded does NOT have a fat neck. Well mine doesn't anyway. I play great with nothing that stops me as I move along the fretboard.

I can sell you my for 620 =D...

Anyway, I'm just saying, if you're looking don't rule out the SG just because people say so. They play nice and I have people who have been playing 20 years or more come by, and look at it, play it for a bit and just walk away, speaking praise of the guitar.
Ltd!
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-PB500-Electric-Guitar?sku=518585

It's not really a LP shape, but it's a pretty awesome guitar. Thin neck, stock SD's (very nice ones at that) and in your price range. Suitable for almost every style of music. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but you should try it out none the less.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Ibanez S
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by HollishGuy
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-PB500-Electric-Guitar?sku=518585

It's not really a LP shape, but it's a pretty awesome guitar. Thin neck, stock SD's (very nice ones at that) and in your price range. Suitable for almost every style of music. I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for, but you should try it out none the less.

my main playing style is punk & grunge
ibanez rg350DX .... PROMISE ME that you will try it out man, for your own good
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Quote by Swap-Meet
I was thinking about something from Ibanez, but I was told that most of their Users don't have good vibrato so they dont get good sustain.

Also, I forgot to mention I don't play/like metal so no need to post some of those guitars that are pretty much good for metal and that's about it.

Fixed
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Fender Jaguar Baritone Special HH
Never played one, but they got dual humbuckers and look fit as.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination