I need a new speaker for mt CRATE, cause I just blew it 10 minutes ago, and yeah, see I want to know is, it's a CRATE Flexwave 15R (15 watts) and the speakr that came in it is 4 ohms, well I know where it's a small speaker and stuff, thats why it blew, and I want to know, can I replace the speaker with a 8 ohm speaker, and not destroy the amps circiuts and stuff? Cuase it's a 12 inch 4 ohm speaker, and I want to go with a diffrent, more of a classic rock, 12 inch 8 ohm spekaer, so can I do it guys? If so I am taking recomendations for a decent priced 12 inch 8ohm speaker that is good for classic rock/country. Thanks a million guys.

JP
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
For the price of a new speaker, you could just buy a new amp that sounds better in the first place.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
yea man, and especially for classic rock and country, you can nab a decent 5 watt tube amp. how much were you looking to spend IF you were to get a new amp?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
XD IDK, see add in the fact I don't have a steady job, and a speaker is way cheaper than a amp, but if I had the money, I would say 250 max, but then again i got other places to put my money at the time being, so a amp isn;t top priority, and I want to replace the speaker in this cause I have gotten use to the amp and I know how to adjust it to get where i want. So can I replace a 4 ohm speakr with a 8 ohm speaker?
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")