So i just bought a randall rg50tc, what i noticed was that when i cranked both the master volume and channel volume when playing on the clean channel, the volume was still at bedroom level. And the right side of the amp gets pretty warm when playing, only the rightside, also the distorion sounds pretty thin and has very little bass.
So what could be wrong with the amp?
it sucks man, shudnt be gettin warm like that my marshall never gets warm at all really n i play real loud
The technical term for this is, your amp is fuc.ked.
The speaker is probably broken or something, or if it's a tube amp, the tubes might need replacing.
Tubes get really hot while in use, that's why they are so prone to breaking all the time if you don't handle your amp properly.
Last edited by Birchall17 at Oct 30, 2008,
It's fairly common for tube amps to get hot, touch the tubes in any tube amp after you turn it off, or while it's on and they get hot as hell.

My guess is bad power tubes if it's really low volume. Preamps could be a problem too if the distortion sounds really thin. I'd just retube the whole thing
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
going to call the store where i bought it from tommorow, i still have 1 year of insurance, so im not gonna pay for new tubes or anything
i just noticed that when on the clean channel and cranking the channel and master volume, the volume is still low as i said but sometimes the volume like "jumps" so it suddenly becomes very loud and then low volume again, so do you think its the tubes or what?
Edit: now when i started the amp, the distortion sounded much different, much more bass and better sound and when i palyed i sounded like something was loose in the amp or something, hard to explain, and then the distortion changed and the sound got much lower and all of the bass dissapeared
Last edited by Sebbe92 at Oct 31, 2008,
The cable works wonders with my other amp, so it cant be the cable...
Ahh okay sorry...

Well then either the :-
1) Tubes
2) Speaker
3) Connection

Did you drop it while transport?
I did not drop it when taking it home , but the store ordered it for me from another company, so maybe they dropped it or something during transport
Probably, good thing you have insurance....
Just hope they dont find an excuse to not pay lol
Quote by Sebbe92
i just noticed that when on the clean channel and cranking the channel and master volume, the volume is still low as i said but sometimes the volume like "jumps" so it suddenly becomes very loud and then low volume again, so do you think its the tubes or what?

This is a common symptom of Power Tubes dying.

Take it back and see if the tubes are still under warranty, often times the amp can be covered for a year, but the tubes only for ~90 days or less.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i've only had the amp for 1 day, so i still have warranty for sure