Has anyone on here thought of making a music video for their band or even jumped my gun and made one?

I was thinking about seeing if my band wanted to do one for a song over christmas, mostly for shiggles but also because we have a lot of aspiring director film student friends. So today I got thinking where do you start with concepts? Humour? do you just stick the band in a room hit record? how much of a video should you actually be playing music for and so forth.

So please share your mental wealth.
Doing one for our college media coursework

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
a band at my school last year had one professionally, i believe it got some airtime on fuse, its really good

myspace.com/somethingtocallahero

i was shocked to see it from highschoolers, they got it done for free cause a guy was switching from producing commercials to music videos and wanted to make a couple ones for his portfolio i think.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
i'll be doing at least one, probably next year sometime when i finish my cd.... i dunno what to tell you. i suggest making your music video about something instead of just random crap
If you can get it done for free, go for it. If you have to pay big bucks to do one, really, it isn't worth your while. The days of indie bands getting regular (or even semi-regular) rotation on MuchMusic or MTV are long, long gone. Honestly, you'll be more than just a little lucky if you get played once on an indie spotlight. You'll certainly never see the money back... that's for sure.

You don't even collect royalties on video play, as the video stations look at it as if they are playing your commercial and doing you a favour by not charging you to play it.

Every now and again, you get a great song and a great video from an indie band like OK Go that really catches on, but wow... that is SO the exception.

I think the trick is to make it memorable. Funny helps, but isn't a necessity. The 'de facto' great bands with great videos list would be:

-Weezer (personal fave = Buddy Holly)
-Foo Fighters (personal fave = Big Me)
-The Offspring

Check out what they do to make their videos memorable.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
better place than nowhere i guess
If anyone in melbourne Australia wants a free music video, ill be getting the equipment over summer (hopefully, if things work out) and want to build up a portfolio. So im offering a few free music videos for bands in the area.
I know its quite early but if i can get some people who are intrested itd be good
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by Aussie_skater
better place than nowhere i guess
If anyone in melbourne Australia wants a free music video, ill be getting the equipment over summer (hopefully, if things work out) and want to build up a portfolio. So im offering a few free music videos for bands in the area.
I know its quite early but if i can get some people who are intrested itd be good

my band may be interested, have a look at us *links in my sig* if you wish.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
my band may be interested, have a look at us *links in my sig* if you wish.

damn, love the track you got up
when i get my gear ill contact you to see if your interested
Boxing Kangaroo Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Quote by Aussie_skater
damn, love the track you got up
when i get my gear ill contact you to see if your interested

cheers man, that'd be sweet