On schecters website it says the middle position of the five way switch is one coil from each pickup in series. Would it sound different for it to be both pickups fully. Like all 4 coils (both coils from each humbucker) running together. How is the middle position of a les paul wired?
Fender Mexi. Strat w/ Lace Sensor Golds
Schecter C-1 Classic
Breedlove AD-25 SR Plus

GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-20 Gigadelay
EH LPB-1 Boost
Boss TU-2 Tuner

Peavey Valveking 112
with Eminence Private Jack Speaker
The middle position of an LP is both humbuckers, which does in fact sound different from two single-coils. If you want the two-humbucker position you have to either rewire your guitar or get the c-1 plus instead.
Quote by pac108
On schecters website it says the middle position of the five way switch is one coil from each pickup in series.
yes. it's kinda like having a normal HB pickup, but separating the coils by a sizeable distance.

Quote by pac108
Would it sound different for it to be both pickups fully. Like all 4 coils (both coils from each humbucker) running together.
yes, but i doubt you'll be able to wire it that way. the C1 classic uses a megaswitch P. it's a special switch designed to do the "PRS" combinations.

Quote by pac108
On schecters website it says the middle position of the five way switch is one coil from each pickup in series. Would it sound different for it to be both pickups fully. Like all 4 coils (both coils from each humbucker) running together. How is the middle position of a les paul wired?
the middle position of a LP has both pickups in parallel, both HBs keep their 2 coils wired in series - not split to single coil.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.