Poll: Toy guns.
Poll Options
View poll results: Toy guns.
We should ban them- they have a negative effect.
15 9%
they have/may have a negative effect.
48 28%
not sure.
22 13%
there are no negative effects.
83 49%
Voters: 169.
Page 1 of 4
Watch this.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoRHbQv0NI

That is a video of two children playing a game where they pretend to kill each other.
Adorable.

I think making toys out of weapons is awful- it desensitises children to the problems that guns cause, fuels gun culture in the next generation, and influences children to think that guns are 'cool', as is evident from the 'guns, yay or nay' thread.

A while ago there was quite a fuss because of a pole-dancing set made for children. But which is worse? Children miming the actions of sex workers, or children miming the actions of soldiers and killers?

These guys had the right idea.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=izjhV_Jnw94

I wasn't allowed to play with toy guns or anything based in violence when I was young. I have friends whos parents gave them the same restrictions, and now we all abhor gun culture and violence. The people who were in my circle at primary school who were allowed to play with guns (which I was jealous of) are all either: in the army, or criminally violent.

I don't mean to say that this is the case for all children, just those around me, but can you really say that playing with toy weapons doesn't negatively affect childrens' attitudes towards them in later life?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I was allowed to play with guns and I turned out alright.

Now I'm going to spend some more minutes on the internet until sgt. doakes stop stalking me so I can go do my business.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai

Are you sure?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
they're children, come on. ok, there may be a limit to it, but does playing with your penis automatically turn you into a pervert?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.

UG's only Belgian Prog Rock band member
Here's my Equipboard: http://equipboard.com/wdsuita
No, They should learn about real ones.
R.I.P. Frank Zappa R.I.P. Hideto Matsumoto and nowR.I.P. Rick Wright

It doesn't take words to make love
You be the flower, I'll be the bee
That wasn't love, they were just words
You be the heart, I'll be the arrow
Quote by rabidguitarist
Are you sure?

Hush or I'll shoot you
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Lord Waltaa
they're children, come on. ok, there may be a limit to it, but does playing with your penis automatically turn you into a pervert?

Uhh, yes.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Kensai

Now I'm going to spend some more minutes on the internet until sgt. doakes stop stalking me so I can go do my business.

Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Due to English law, i'm not allowed to carry a toy gun around with my santa suit this halloween. I was gonna be santa with a thirst for vengance, but thanks to politically correct pussyholes I no longer have a back story.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I had toy guns and I've not shot anyone yet.

Unless you count airsoft, then I have shot loads of people.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by Lord Waltaa

well people who are usually playing with it usually are.....
Stranger Danger ! What? Huh? Do i Know you? I Don't Talk To Strangers.
I was allowed to play with toy guns as long as they didn't look like real guns.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by I.O.T.M
Due to English law, i'm not allowed to carry a toy gun around with my santa suit this halloween. I was gonna be santa with a thirst for vengance, but thanks to politically correct pussyholes I no longer have a back story.

What the hell?

Since when?

The generation being born today will have to be AWARE of guns, and i think that playing with them isn't going o turn them into maniacs, if they know they kill people, and killing is bad....

♥ ♥

Newfags can't Loveforce.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Vintage Sunburst
Yamaha Pacifica
Peavey JD acoustic
Vox AC30VT
Yeah John, I agree with you completely. I wasn't allowed to play with guns when I was a kid either. I was pissed off then, but now I thank them.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
I had toy guns when I was young. Laser Tag was very popular, among replica rifles and the lot. I turned out A-OKAY. I think the main difference between then, and now is the media and Parenting. Parents, in my experience, I'm only twenty, allow their children to distance themselves from their parents. And to media, violent games and videos have become easily accessable to children with unweary parents. I know the games I had growing up don't compare to Grand Theft Auto and Gears of War (Which I'm avid fans of) and having access to that kind of media at a young age can affect young minds. It's up the parents to pay attention to what their children are getting into, they have the tools but they do not exersize them.
Quote by DarkSound
well people who are usually playing with it usually are.....

ow come on, I bet every single one of you ran around naked in the house when you were kids

aww, good times
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.

Yea I've been playing with toy guns when I was a kid,and I think toy guns have a good reason to be played with....they make sure you grow out of them before you're and adult and can afford real guns.Or something like that
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
i think you're just a communist di ck suck rabid that had no fun as a child so you complain about everyone else. Go back to your yoga and chai tea you fa g
I'm the devil i love metal
Quote by n-train00
i think you're just a communist di ck suck rabid that had no fun as a child so you complain about everyone else. Go back to your yoga and chai tea you fa g

^has issues

Quote by apmaman
What the hell?

Since when?

It's cos they look quite real, and i'm catching a train to the party so having something with a vague resemblance to an offensive weapon on public transport will get me shot, take that Brazillian dude on the tube for example.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by n-train00

I would agree with you, but im not a twat

Quote by n-train00

Enjoy your warning.
My family shoot (real guns before you ask) so from a very young age I was always taught to never point a gun at anyone, real or not.

People are only so scared of guns because to be frank, they know nothing about them.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I had shedloads of toy guns, but i wasn't allowed toy swords.

Now, i'm a sword fanatic.

Swords > Guns.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by I.O.T.M
It's cos they look quite real, and i'm catching a train to the party so having something with a vague resemblance to an offensive weapon on public transport will get me shot, take that Brazillian dude on the tube for example.

He ran away from the police, and it wasn't on Halloween. I think the old bill might be more leniant with calls about possible terrorist members getting pished in there local pub/club

Well hell man we can't let them play with real guns!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Thepoison92

People are only so scared of guns because to be frank, they know nothing about them.

They can kill you. What else is there to know from non-technical view?
i wasnt really allowed to paly with guns, than i borrowed one from my cousin, and when my parents found out they were kinda okay with it... infact i had to return it and they bought me one... however i had a few gun replicas and me and some neighbours played "partisans and germans"...
however there was a point where i went too far, at least i think so now, when i look back...

my neighbor was washing a car, when we kids came by shooting eachother, then the daughter of the neighbour came outside bringing a gun aswell... however that one was real, no replica... and she said that unfortunatley a bullet fits inside....
and we kids were all like... wtf? did she say unfortunatley ???

this was the point where i went too far however i was a kid. and i turned out ok, at least i think so... i have no intention on hurting anybody or anything.

regards, serjem

EDIT:
i forgot to mention, i am a weirdo.... for example i used to play wow, and i didnt get addicted... so, i guess it could be the same with guns... the effect just doesnt work on me... maybe it would work on somebody else... dunno?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Last edited by Serjem at Oct 30, 2008,
Quote by metaldud536

They're not all black

Quote by metaldud536

Walking across the street can kill you yet we don't ban toy cars.

S A D B O Y S
Being shafted by a 15 inch cock can cause internal bleeding, yet we don't ban dildos, do we?
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by I.O.T.M
Walking across the street can kill you yet we don't ban toy cars.

That's a shit parallel.

Cars are a method of transport, guns are a method of murder.

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Being shafted by a 15 inch cock can cause internal bleeding, yet we don't ban dildos, do we?

Yeah, and we sell dildos to kids, don't we?

Stop coming up with shit arguments.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by rabidguitarist

I wasn't allowed to play with toy guns or anything based in violence

We can ****ing tell.

If its one thing parents shouldn't do, it's restrict there childs fun, it makes sense if what they see as fun is dangerous, but when they're harmlessly having fun.
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's a shit parallel.

And a sport, arguement invalid.
Quote by rabidguitarist
That's a shit parallel.

In some countries guns are a method of transport.
RULE BRITANNIA
Page 1 of 4