is it normal to be crap at covers, then play uber awesome songs which i write on the spot (improvization)
Praise the Lord, it's the second coming of Jesus.
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Well, a cover is exactly that, a cover. So if you try to sound exactly like the band you're covering, then chances are you'll think you stink at it. When you write your own songs, however, it's your own stuff, so of course it sounds "right."
Quote by DerekC99
You may not be gifted, but you're certainly cocky.

+1

Thats all im saying, I would say more but I just got un banned.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by RoamingConflict
Praise the Lord, it's the third coming of Jesus.

fixed, read the bible
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Your only gift is that you have this wonderful place called UG to call upon. Don't take advantage of it.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Quote by Lord Waltaa
fixed, read the bible

Only if there's anything about guitars, mate.

Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Well, after about 3 hours of playing guitar for the very first time, not only was I amazing at covers, I could also play uber awesome songs which I write on the spot. You know that song Scarified by Paul Gilbert? Yeah, Paul Gilbert stole that off of me. I composed it after about 1 day of playing, then he saw me playing it, and was like...I is gunna steal that. Then I was like "k, koo". So, therefore

ME >> YOU
Be cool.
Everyone can play their 'own style'... and while I'd like to jump on the bandwagon and say "you're a cocky douche"... I'll actually contribute.

I can improvise fairly well, as well as apply a number of fairly advanced techniques... but only recently has it occured to me that I'm ****ing terrible at doing what other people do.

So I've been learning covers.

Playing your own style (While very important and great) means shit when you are limited.
Quote by RoamingConflict

well, good point, I never read the bible neither, in fact, religeon only existed to surpress the civilians in any state... but that's a whole other thread

cheers to you too
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by RoamingConflict
Praise the Lord, it's the fourth coming of Jesus.

Fixed. Read the National Enquirer.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
hehe, +2.5
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Fixed. Read the National Enquirer.

Hahahaha

TS, er, no you're probably not gifted.

Not in that sense.

What's your IQ?

I think 45 is borderline-retarded though, so be careful!
HA^ that was great...I'm guna quote all this somehow.

nevermine, I just relized that quotes within quotes takes a little bit of effort, which is something I don't want to use.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by RoamingConflict

David played the lute.

Anyway TS, I'm skeptical. It's still the same motions, chances are you're either trying to get attention on UG (post clips of your music to prove me wrong, I'll gladly listen to them) or it's a subconscious thing where you think your stuff sounds better because it's yours.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Last edited by SG Man Forever at Oct 30, 2008,
I used to think I wrote awesome songs when I stayed up all night, but I'd forget how to play them when I woke up. I recorded one before falling alseep. It sucked.
It's not a gift, everybody is uber awesome at stuff they WRITE THEMSELVES, they would kinda be the best at it.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by SG Man Forever
David played the lute.

makes me think of on Tenacious D when they are telling the story about the pick and the blacksmith in the story starts shreddin on a lute. It's funny.
/ religeon thread=P
I wonder is your improvisation EVEN music.
Gear:
95' Fender Richie Sambora Standard Stratocaster
06' Symphony SD54
07' Epiphone Les Paul Custom Plus
08' Recording King RD-17CFE
Fender G-DEC30
Line 6 POD XT
Blackstar Series One 45 Combo
10' Ernie Ball MusicMan JP6 BFR
Quote by greenhound
is it normal to be crap at covers, then play uber awesome songs which i write on the spot (improvization)

you can't call your own stuff awesome.. it doesn't count if YOU say it... no-one ever thinks their poop smells too bad

you know how when your mother tells you you're handsome... guess what? she might mean it, but she's biased.. you could be a zit-covered walking abortion and she'd still think you were handsome

what you need is some unbiased perspective

you should post up some of these masterpieces for us to hear... we'll tell you how awesome you truly are
out of here
The second you think you're good, is the second you lose your ability to play well.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by inflatablefilth
zit-covered walking abortion

lol /thread

+1 to putting up vids
Is the guy/thread for real!! I'd love to hear some of your awesome stuff, I really would.

Have you anything on youtube we can look at??
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by Deep*Kick
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"

Sigged
Quote by Deep*Kick
the songs you tend to play best are the ones you write yourself.

as probably mentioned enough times.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by inflatablefilth

you know how when your mother tells you you're handsome... guess what? she might mean it, but she's biased.. you could be a zit-covered walking abortion and she'd still think you were handsome

sigged, just soooo sigged
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by zimmzimmer
Maybe your Dads pissed because hes shooting blanks :P
Quote by Deep*Kick

Priceless!!!
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Tanglewood TW15NS
Line6 Spider III 15w (playing into the MP3/CD input = bypass all the Spider processing)
Boss DD-3
DigiTech RP500

My other passion in life My Site
Quote by RoamingConflict
Praise the Lord, it's the fifth coming of Jesus.

Fixed, read Weeky World News
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by inflatablefilth
you can't call your own stuff awesome.. it doesn't count if YOU say it... no-one ever thinks their poop smells too bad

i love my farts but sometimes my poop smells like shit and i have to flush it down
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

What's your IQ?

I think 45 is borderline-retarded though, so be careful!

25-50=Imbecile

50-75=Moron

Just sayin', like.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Brilliant...
Quote by RoamingConflict
Praise the Lord, it's the sixth coming of Jesus.

Fixed, read the Daily Mail.

He came back as an illegal immigrant, sworn on killing babies and stealing our jobs!!

I just wanted to be part of the crowd...

Anyways, on topic, and to jump onto the bandwagon slightly, you're always good at your own stuff. Hence why when Free did All Right Now, it was awesome, yet when Queen do it now with Paul Rodgers, the only good bit is Paul Rodgers, because he was in Free.

And why the new Guns N' Roses can't play the old Guns N' Roses aswell. And things like that.

Oh well.

EDIT: And why the new Whitesnake can't do Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues aswell as the old line up with Bernie Marsden on lead guitar, and why Brian Johnson can't do the old Bon Scott AC/DC songs as well as Bon.

Oh well again.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Oct 31, 2008,
Quote by maiden_mexico
Fixed, read Weeky World News

not funny anymore:P