Line 6 Pod?

And if I was to sell them for a Line 6 POD... Which one should I get? Cause there is a few, but It's come to my attention that if I was playing a song that was metal for example, then suddenly switched to Acoustic.. take... Chiron - All That Remains.
Well, then i'd have to switch everything around... And that would be a bit of a hastle, so i want something i can switch effects fast but for it to still sound good.
So any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
No No No No No

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Maybe look up a pedal looper, so you can stomp it once and it turns a bunch of your pedals off. Some let you have a couple loops so you just switch between the two, so you can go from a few ODs to a compressor and a chorus for your clean stuff.
I think loooper.com makes what you're looking for.
Hmm.

That sounds like a good idea,
I've never heard of Pedal Loopers, but it does sound like a good idea.
Thanks, I'll consult my dad and whats best too, not that he's good on the whole music issue, but he goes by reviews and things.

Are my effects better than floor multi pedals then do you think?
Or would it be better getting a top of the range floor multi-effect pedal?

Cause this si the problem i'm having.
Thanks again :]
Well, the POD isn't exactly top of the range. It's decent, but you wouldn't be using the amp modeling, and the effects on it aren't the greatest IMO. The pedals you have are better.
To be honest your amp seems like the weak point in the chain, not your pedals.
Ahh, Fair enough then.

I mean, most people hate my amp, but... That's their problem, I'm not tone deaf, but i do like the sound it produces when combined with my effects and guitar.

I'll try and upload a track of me just showing you the rhymn and lead parts of it, and tell me what you think :]

Its okay if i add you isn't it?
Just so in the future i can send you a track of me.
yeah, you should get a new amp if you want a better tone!
a pod will just sound digital and really bad thru an amp (i can only think about it using it straight into a pa/desk for easy decent recording)
boss multi fx(the gt-8 and 10) are, at least i think, a bit better than the pods but they mostly emulate the boss pedals like you already have (plus a bunch of others but you get my point). why change when you already got the real thing?

get an amp+new guitar (and that looper sounds good for you too!)
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
well it depends on what you have now, and if the pod can do what you need.

sure the pod has a lot of modulation and delay FX. but at most you can only use 1 type of modulation along with 1 type of delay (which is really the most you'd want at 1 time anyway.. but some of you FX junkies might disagree)

meaning, if you have a chorus, phaser, and a flange you like to use at the same time, you won't be able to do that with a PodXT.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Chasing Shadows
I mean, most people hate my amp, but... That's their problem, I'm not tone deaf, but i do like the sound it produces when combined with my effects and guitar.

Really with all those effects pedals you're not only getting better tone than a multi-fx, but really have all the effects you'll need. You have chorus, overdrive, two distortions, a wah, a delay. Essentially if you owned a whammy pedal, flanger and phaser you'd have all the effects that most multi-fx offer. So no need to replace the pedals.
Quote by Ferrarone
yeah, you should get a new amp if you want a better tone!
a pod will just sound digital and really bad thru an amp (i can only think about it using it straight into a pa/desk for easy decent recording)
boss multi fx(the gt-8 and 10) are, at least i think, a bit better than the pods but they mostly emulate the boss pedals like you already have (plus a bunch of others but you get my point). why change when you already got the real thing?

get an amp+new guitar (and that looper sounds good for you too!)

: /
Cause i'm made of money?

No, i love my guitar, its a great guitar, and i am actually saving up for a new guitar, as you can see on my Sig.
my dad said the amp was good according to reviews, so i don't understand why people dislike it?
Because reviews lie. Especially reviews for cheaper amps like the AVT, where people who buy them haven't necessarily played any other or better amps, so they think it's great. Then they give it a good review, and since you put all your faith in reviews you think it's great too. I'd be willing to bet you've even submitted a review of your own saying it's a really nice amp.

See the problem? Reviews are more or less useless since the cross-section of people who write reviews is really skewed.
:\ that is true, but i don't have a lot of money, so should i make a new thread enquiring about a new amplifier? Then all my troubles will go away? I'm not breaking into my guitar saving money hahaha.
BOSS BCB-60
BOSS DD-3
BOSS DS-2
BOSS CS-3
BOSS CE-5
BOSS OD-3
BOSS MT-2 (xD)

the pod won't be much of an upgrade at all. maybe look at the new line6 M13?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Sell all of your shit other than your guitars and get a new amp. Actually, I'd keep the Delay and the chorus and get rid of the Overdrives and the Compresser.

Get a new amp man, line 6 pod has all this shit you'll probably never use at all tbh.
Quote by Roc8995
Because reviews lie. Especially reviews for cheaper amps like the AVT, where people who buy them haven't necessarily played any other or better amps, so they think it's great. Then they give it a good review, and since you put all your faith in reviews you think it's great too. I'd be willing to bet you've even submitted a review of your own saying it's a really nice amp.

See the problem? Reviews are more or less useless since the cross-section of people who write reviews is really skewed.

+1

Roc nailed it right there. For example a couple of years ago when I bought a MG30DFX I submitted a review after three days owning it, and claimed it fantastic, etc, but as my ear for tone developed I realised it wasn't so good. most people rush into writing reviews on this site. And most other sites too.
No stick to your current pedal setup and get yourself a looper and check all your pedals through that. Even though your pedals are all Boss (you will grow out of this believe me), the single effects tweakability and sound much better than the POD, even though the POD is probably the best reasonably priced multi-effects. Stay with singles.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
won't i need distortion considering i play a lot of metal though? Or will the amp OD be good enough because so far, i haven't decided 1. If I'll have enough money and 2. What amp i actually want.
FYI there are much better FX pedals than boss overdrives, just for future reference (you'll notice I do use thier immaculate tuner unit and an old flanger of theirs from the 80s). Basically, you'll want an amp with good gain if you're playing mostly metal, than perhaps get an overdrive such as a Maxon OD-808 to tighten up the gain, the low end and cut out some of the fizz.
Quote by IncubusMan999
No stick to your current pedal setup and get yourself a looper and check all your pedals through that. Even though your pedals are all Boss (you will grow out of this believe me), the single effects tweakability and sound much better than the POD, even though the POD is probably the best reasonably priced multi-effects. Stay with singles.
so to add to my GAS list a looper and a new amp? *sighs* more things to buy...
I would say keep your stomp boxes, because that is my personal preference. The POD sounds pretty good, but I haven't heard a multi-effects set up that you can change the quality of the tone with your volume knob. You know how you can back down the volume and get a nice barely broken up or even clean tone...then ramp it up for your distortion tone. You can't do that with a multi-effects pedal that I have heard. Also, I am not a fan of the generic sounds that come out of processors. Of course, it had been about six years since I have tried one out. I luvs me some stomp boxes! Hope that helps.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Sell all of your shit other than your guitars and get a new amp. Actually, I'd keep the Delay and the chorus and get rid of the Overdrives and the Compresser.

Get a new amp man, line 6 pod has all this shit you'll probably never use at all tbh.

What he said. Except you should also keep the Crybaby. 1 good distortion pedal is better than the three crappy ones you currently have. If you sell all of them and the compressor, you should be able to scrounge $100-$150. That'll be enough to buy a real nice distortion pedal, or start saving for a better amp.

Also, reviews can be useful, you just have to know what to look for.

For instance, if they say they don't like the distortion pedal because it doesn't have enough gain on tap, you know they're an idiot. If they bought a Gibson ES-335 to plug into an MG, you know they're an idiot. If they complain about picking dynamics response in a review of a distortion pedal or amp, that's a good sign.

The best thing is if the reviewer draws comparisons to equipment you've already used, and if they make a lot of comparisons, you know they've probably used a lot of equipment, and know what they're talking about.

Bad reviews are much more helpful than good reviews because they're less common. If several bad reviews make a similar complaint, then it's probably correct.

Of course, all of this requires that you yourself have a few years of experience as a musician to be able to spot things like this, and that there's a whole lot of user reviews (20 or more) available from the same site for you to look at. Also, some sites have better user reviews than others.
Quote by voodoochyl
I would say keep your stomp boxes, because that is my personal preference. The POD sounds pretty good, but I haven't heard a multi-effects set up that you can change the quality of the tone with your volume knob. You know how you can back down the volume and get a nice barely broken up or even clean tone...then ramp it up for your distortion tone. You can't do that with a multi-effects pedal that I have heard.

Actually, it can be done. I own a Boss GT-10. I just make a patch with a certain amount of distortion, then, with the tap of a pedal, I have the SAME volume but less distortion. Why? Because I made the patch that way myself. You can actually be playing while you're making the change. You can pick while you're turning a knob. Yeah, you can hammer and pull of to continue playing but what if you don't want that in that part of the song? Also, you could be playing a chord instead of single notes. Now if it's just volume or guitar tone, you can turn the knob on the guitar as usual. By the way, the Line6 POD stuff sounds good for distortions and sucks for everything else and WORSE, their reliability is in question. Read forums and you will see. Boss makes their GT-10 and prior similar units, of the same high quality they make everything. There's even a guy who opened up the Line6 M13 and said it's built like a tank as far as the housing is concerned and pure junk when it comes to the connections and switches underneath. Stick to Boss.
I kind of wish there was a POD with just modeling and get the separate pedals. The versatility of amp modeling is pretty sweet. i'm gradually moving into the individual pedal setup, but honestly giving up the modeling is going to be difficult. These POD's sound better then any of the modeling amps i've tried and if you play alot of different stuff your going to be in it for some cash without it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by BeerChurch
Keep your pedals.
Upgrade your amp.
Install a piezo pickup on your electrics for acoustic tones.

or buy a boss acoustic simulator, not sure how good they work. but i know some bands that use them, so they cant be that horrible.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top