Will I be able to run cakewalk sonar WELL on Intel Xeon 2.0 GHz (dual or quad, im not sure..either way i think the speed is enough) when the recommended processor specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, AMD Athlon XP 2800+ or higher

The only thing I am worried about is Pentium vs Xeon.

Thoughts?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
pentium is old tech, youll be fine.

Dont fall into the "megahertz myth" (google it)
Cool, thanks!
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
We did our album on a Celeron 1.7Ghz machine with 512MB RAM and WinXP. Each song had upwards to 36 tracks of 24-bit audio, and we used FX and EQ as appropriate and necessary.

Assuming Cakewalk is comparable to Cubase in terms of resource requirements, you should easily be fine.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
We did our album on a Celeron 1.7Ghz machine with 512MB RAM and WinXP. Each song had upwards to 36 tracks of 24-bit audio, and we used FX and EQ as appropriate and necessary.

Assuming Cakewalk is comparable to Cubase in terms of resource requirements, you should easily be fine.

CT

Wow, that's reassuring. I'm just a solo studio musician and I will only record 1 track at a time. It's the mixing and mastering of the tracks that I was worried about the computer handling, but now I'm over that Thanks.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Yeah, its the great thing about most DAW software that their still responsive and decently fast on a relatively inexpensive computer. That said, the new full powered mac pro can run the full 255 tracks of audio in Logic Pro without dropout..if you have a 10 grand free