Ok, so I thought I had £300, to spend on my first ever guitar and amp and bits on the side like bag, picks, lead etc.

Well, turns out it wasn't that much...Now its like, £150-£175, and there is no ****ing way I'm saving up more, in fact, I'm really ****ing tempted to get this ...

Actually, this might not be a bad idea, this Yamaha and this amp...

Your ideas? Is this a good combination?
The amp is perfect if it is gonna be your first one and im not to sure about the guitar i rather get a squier strat over the yamaha
What do you play? Good amp, but get a Squier Affinity Strat.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by Henncon(182)
The amp is perfect if it is gonna be your first one and im not to sure about the guitar i rather get a squier strat over the yamaha

which amp? the roland or tha ga 10?
Quote by lespaul#1
What do you play? Good amp, but get a Squier Affinity Strat.

The affinity strat only has single coils, the fat strat is £146...
The Amp can pretty much cover metal and most rock tones , so i suggest you get the amp and maybe look second hand for a good epiphone sg 400 (the roland amp)
Last edited by Henncon(182) at Oct 30, 2008,
the amp is good, but maybe look into the newer version of it? its got a drum machine and extra settings...
Nvm, I'm getting squier affinity, I don't care if it hasn't got humbuckers, and a roland microcube.....
That amp is great for starters. As for the guitar, maybe look used?
Quote by stinger12345
It even says "High Quality" in the title, so you KNOW it's quality
Quote by The Toaster
The affinity strat only has single coils, the fat strat is £146...

Try them both, I like single coils with gain more than humbuckers.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
pacificas are good for start.. i say go for it.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
The Micro Cube is great, definitely go for it. I've gotta say go with the squier affinity too, though, i think it would just be the better guitar.
Quote by rockdan101
For rock and metal i would definatly pick a yamaha pacifica over the squier.

Another option is this http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stagg-f-300-flying-v/9205 but I would still say that the pacificas a much better choice.

I don't know if I'd recommend you get a Flying V as your first guitar. Unless you play in the classical position, they're next to impossible to play while sitting down. Nothing wrong with playing standing up, but it's easier to learn while you're sitting (my opinion)
Tis true although I'm sure the TS could get use to it.

Also if your budget can stretch a tad I would recommend getting the microcubes bigger brother, the cube 15.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
ESP EX-400
Roland Cube-15
Bugera 6260 head
Home made 2x12 loaded with celestion G12t-100s

OPETH FTW
Quote by rockdan101
Tis true although I'm sure the TS could get use to it.

Also if your budget can stretch a tad I would recommend getting the microcubes bigger brother, the cube 15.

I agree with that, I have the micro cube, and wish I would've spent a few more dollars. The micro cube isn't worse than the cube 15, just quieter, but Cube 15 has a few more toys on it, like a volume squeezer. It's well worth the money. Either way, they're both excellent high-gain amps, so since you said you like metal, they'll both work for you.
Quote by irishstang_87
I don't know if I'd recommend you get a Flying V as your first guitar. Unless you play in the classical position, they're next to impossible to play while sitting down. Nothing wrong with playing standing up, but it's easier to learn while you're sitting (my opinion)

I beg to differ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r84EjEBfobU

^_^

Yeah I'd say go with one of the Jackson's
Probably have hotter pickups suited better for metal
amp is great, guitar i guess is okay, but it depends. Some are suprisingly good, while some are terrible, play it before you buy.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^