Well, it's a 5 watt valve combo and doesn't have too many features. I imagine that it is good for bedroom practice, and generally rock really. For a 5 watt valve amp you aren't going to get a huge range of versatility or tones from it.
Quote by ginjaninja
for what genres?

also, try it yourself...

just in general, how the sound quality is.

that's the problem here in belgium, we don't have the opprtunity to try everything out cause most stores don't have what i'm looking for.
What happened to your vetta hunt?
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
i tried one a while back (i think it was the old discontinued version, if you're looking at new ones, they may be completely different), i thought it was quite nice, but i think they're quite expensive? EDIT: \/ yeah, that's kind of what i thought too, you wouldn't have to pay too much more to get a cornell, cornford or similar 5-watter... and i know which i'd rather have.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 31, 2008,
^^ Fair enogh. Well i imagine its a stonking amp but for that price range if i were after a 5 watt tube amp i'd look more towards boutique stuff tbh...
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by Dave_Mc
i tried one a while back (i think it was the old discontinued version, if you're looking at new ones, they may be completely different), i thought it was quite nice, but i think they're quite expensive? EDIT: \/ yeah, that's kind of what i thought too, you wouldn't have to pay too much more to get a cornell, cornford or similar 5-watter... and i know which i'd rather have.

yeah i'm looking at the new ones. they're not all that expensive, 350 euros (as a comparison, a champ 600 is 170 euros in here in belgium).

i googled cornford, and there came a 5 to 8 watt amp up, but it was 1500$, which is slighty more than the price i'd like to pay

a search for cornell didn't show any 5 watters...

anyway, i'm not looking to spend gigantic amounts of money, i'm just looking for a small but still good sounding amp for amping up my harmonica, and for guitar occasions when my 40 watter is too big (and powerful) to transport and use.

thanks guys, i think i'm going to order one
A local music store here has one, and it does classic rock/cleans very nicely
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by The red Strat.
(a) yeah i'm looking at the new ones. they're not all that expensive, 350 euros (as a comparison, a champ 600 is 170 euros in here in belgium).

(b) i googled cornford, and there came a 5 to 8 watt amp up, but it was 1500$, which is slighty more than the price i'd like to pay

a search for cornell didn't show any 5 watters...

(c) anyway, i'm not looking to spend gigantic amounts of money, i'm just looking for a small but still good sounding amp for amping up my harmonica, and for guitar occasions when my 40 watter is too big (and powerful) to transport and use.

thanks guys, i think i'm going to order one

(a) oh, ok. i think the one i tried was about £400 or so (what's that, about 550-600 euros?)...

(b) yeah, they're a bit more expensive. i was going by the price of the ad5 i tried. I think the cornford harlequin is about £600 or so... the cornell plexi 5 is something similar.

(c) that's no problem. i only suggested the cornells and cornfords when i thought they were close-ish in price to the orange, but that's obviously not the case.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
510 euros
strange that it costed so much, an AD5 is 260 pounds on GAK... i think it was either a very expensive store, or some kind of special edition.

yeah, as i said, they used to make the ad5 then stopped for a while. i'm pretty sure the old ad5 was made in england- i'm not sure about the new version, it might be made in korea/china like the tiny terror (not certain though).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah yes, a review on harmony central says it's korean.

doesn't bother me, i'm actually glad they're made there because they're cheaper now
yeah. best disregard what i thought of it though, as the new ones may sound different.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by The red Strat.
true.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=nB35SnO5GEc

do you know by any chance if that is the new one or the older version ?

That is the new one and it absolutely blew me away. It's classic rock in an orange box it just oozes tone no matter what the volume or tone. It's amazing it's almost like a Marshall of old but with a bit more ooomph and bass and is ridiculously loud when cranked but like with most orange amps I'm guessing they are rated clean making it a more powerfull amplifier.

BUY ONE!

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
^ yeah, i'm guessing that's the new one as it's at the musikmesse this year, plus i think the one i tried had a gain knob too (but i could be wrong, it's a while since i tried it).

in other news i think i'm going to apply for a job with promotion for orange...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by The red Strat.
aren't all guitar amps RMS rated ?

Well i'm not an expert but it's not as simple as that but orange amps are always louder than comparable amps of the same wattage anyway, in my experience.

They are super super amps!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Yeah Oranges are apparently rated the 'British way' meaning their RMS rating is taken while the amp is clean, not running fully overdriven and so they tend to be underestimated slightly.
Quote by jxljxl

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

Quote by cmakkidguitar
Yeah Oranges are apparently rated the 'British way' meaning their RMS rating is taken while the amp is clean, not running fully overdriven and so they tend to be underestimated slightly.

WOOP THE BRITISH WAY!

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by cmakkidguitar

isn't RMS the wattage when it's still clean ?

Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, i'm guessing that's the new one as it's at the musikmesse this year, plus i think the one i tried had a gain knob too (but i could be wrong, it's a while since i tried it).

in other news i think i'm going to apply for a job with promotion for orange...

oops, didn't see your post before

yeah i think it sounds great in the vid (although you can't really judge it by the vid properly), especially for it's price !

i'm pretty sure i'm going to save up for this baby
Last edited by The red Strat. at Nov 2, 2008,
I have one. It's a volume and tone Class A 5 watt. It's not meant to be about frill or features, just tube tone.

I love it.
Quote by keepkalm
I have one. It's a volume and tone Class A 5 watt. It's not meant to be about frill or features, just tube tone.

I love it.

Really a 6 yr old thread? Don't Necro-bump please
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate