Hi all!
I have a question. For some time I'm the proud owner of an Epiphone S310. It's a strat model and I'm thinking of putting in a humbucker at the bridge position. Do you know if it's possible? And what humbuckers are reasonable cheap but give a good sound. Also are the single coils that are now in the guitar from some decent quality? I'm pretty excited about this because it will be my first project (if possible).

Greetings, Sjoegerd
yeah you can put a humbucker in the bridge you just gotta make adjustments to the pickguard, and check if the body has the necesarry routing for the bridge pickup. and as for pickups, you need to be specific on the type of sound you want, like what do you play?
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Sure its possible. Just take your pickguard off and see if theres enough room to fit a humbucker in, if not your going to have to route for one so you may need a router...

Have a look at seymour duncan...
We will have to know what type of music you play first
Quote by saulhudsonslash
yeah you can put a humbucker in the bridge you just gotta make adjustments to the pickguard, and check if the body has the necesarry routing for the bridge pickup. and as for pickups, you need to be specific on the type of sound you want, like what do you play?

The pickguard can be bought so. The type of music I play, well I like to play lots of stuff. Most of it is pretty much rock/metal/punk. And maybe a bit of country/southern rock. What do you mean with the routing?
its possible but if a single coil is in there now you will need to rout to fit the bucker or used a stacked single coil (which i wouldnt recommend). its hard to say what pup is good because i dont know what you play and how much you really want to spend. but when your doing this replace your pots and caps. some good CTS pots and orange drop caps will be around 15-20 bucks and will make a HUGE difference
for the music you specified i would say a slightly hotter than average pup, you can always turn down your guitar volume to clean it up a bit.

routing means youll need to cut the wood so the humbucker will fit.
well um for what you play i think you should just go for a.....hm.....why not just try a p-coil, it can cover strat tones (country), humbucker tones (metal), and p-90 (punk.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
By the way, is it OK to let the strings off for several days/weeks? I'm a bass player myself, so I don't play this guitar very much.