not sure if this is the right place for it, but i couldn't really find anywhere else.

I'm thinking about taking up trombone, any advice for a beginner?
Rockin' shit
a good ear is essential, but even if you don't its all part of the learning process. It's a great instrument when you can play it well
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
go for it...ive been playing for 7 years in school, and its fun...it helps with guitar, and guitar helps with trombone, etc.
How bout' no you crazy Dutch Bastard!

You live in the middle of nowhere? THEN BLOW **** UP!

Pretty Heavy and thick??...Sounds like a wasp fucking an Exhaust pipe...Its Rubbish!
I have to play trombone for class , its a 90 minute class of hell and burning numb lips................ BUT if you truly like the instrument unlike me and you have the patience to play it then youll enjoy it alot.

Just make sure to warm up before you play
great choice of instrument.

Things to consider:
You need a good ear, playing in tune is essential
keep all slides oiled/greased
learn to read music if you don't know how to already.
learning to play lower notes helps to play high
bass trombone = god
Lessons will help you out alot. Getting a teacher is a great idea.
practice.
more air.

yeah. good luck with this, it is a blast.

-Ryan
I have been playing for four years against my will and it an instrument you truly have to have a passion for to play. 2 hours of playing straight defiantly kills your lips.

I also have this the problem from the grip I use which sends huge shooting pains up my arm so just watch for that and make sure you use the correct grip.

Good Luck!
Yeah I've played the bone for seven years i think, and I love it. The glisses and whatnot make it for me. But yeah, I'd say the key is strengthening your lips. The more you do that, the higher and lower(in tune) you'll be able to play. Just out of curiosity, how high can you guys play, in tune/consistantly?

But definitly you need a good ear, and its always great to learn a new intrument, so go for it.
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
Quote by Rory_harwood
I have been playing for four years against my will and it an instrument you truly have to have a passion for to play. 2 hours of playing straight defiantly kills your lips.

I also have this the problem from the grip I use which sends huge shooting pains up my arm so just watch for that and make sure you use the correct grip.

Good Luck!

HHHNNNNNNNGGGGGG!

couldnt resist
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115